Simrad NSS9 EVO3S - Certified Installer for onboard aftersales service

Marty889
Has liked: 2 times

Simrad NSS9 EVO3S - Certified Installer for onboard aftersales service

Post by Marty889 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi All,

We recently purchased a 2009 Cruise Craft 625 Explorer and it came with an Furuno GP-7000F GPS & Fish finder. I believe the systems is a little old for me. Today I decided to make the call and purchase the New Simrad NSS9 EVO3S with active imaging 3 - in - 1 and C maps.

After chatting with Navico Australia (Simrad customer support) they mentioned that I'll need to get the unit installed by a Simrad certified installer to received onboard aftersales service ? I thought I'll reach out to see what everyone views are on this topic and if you guys have any suggestions ? Or had a Simrad certified installer do the work.

Thank you for your time guys and I look forward to your feedback.

Kind Regards,
Martin
Attachments
9a08ee58-bf15-4888-9903-a47f58712dc6.jpg

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Simrad NSS9 EVO3S - Certified Installer for onboard aftersales service

Post by cobby » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:00 pm

If you're in the south east Moose Marine in Chelsea Heights. Anthony is a marine electronics encyclopedia

Marty889

Post by Marty889 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:34 pm

Thank you Cobby, I’ve heard great things about Moosa Marine 👌🏻 Unfortunately I’m in the western suburbs

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:58 am

Is the cost about $500 plus to install.It would be at least $100 per hour
I dont know what the after sales support is as if there is no moving bits nothing will wear?
Why dont you install it yourself-even if you take a week to do it?

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:00 am

Its a bit like you can purchase a new Yamaha engine cheap but I carnt sell it to you unless you get a Yamaha certified installer and pay $1500 installation fee.This is for a 40 hp 4 stroke.
With a Yamaha you get a 4 year warranty if the dealer services it.If you do the services yourself it goes down to 2 years.

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:38 am

I’d say it’s got a lot to do with ensuring the sounder is installed correctly. If the transducer cabling is ran with power you’ll get interference. If the transducer angle/install location is wrong you won’t get the performance.

It’s one of those items where it’s worth getting it installed properly because if you diy without the knowledge you can chase your tail for ages

Marty889

Post by Marty889 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:49 am

Thank you for your feedback. Ill update you guys with which way I go regarding the installation.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:38 pm

ducky wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:38 am
I’d say it’s got a lot to do with ensuring the sounder is installed correctly. If the transducer cabling is ran with power you’ll get interference. If the transducer angle/install location is wrong you won’t get the performance.

It’s one of those items where it’s worth getting it installed properly because if you diy without the knowledge you can chase your tail for ages
100% agree with this the only thing I could say is be careful about the installer you use theres a few shonky operators about. Not all
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:53 am

rb85 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:38 pm
ducky wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:38 am

100% agree with this the only thing I could say is be careful about the installer you use theres a few shonky operators about. Not all

if you read the post.
he has to use a simrad certified installer to take advantage of what he wants.
so he has no option but to use a certified installer.
otherwise i would say install it yourself, its not rocket science at all!!

i personally would question what exactly is involved in "onboard aftersales service"
and how much $$ it is to use a certified technician to install the unit
weigh up the options and go from there.

re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Post by re-tyred » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Onboard warranty means someone comes to you to look at the problem. Other warranty is return the unit to dealer.
It's basically a con to give the dealer extra work. Often claims of the unit not working are related to onboard issues, such as air passing under the transducer, electronic interference, GPS not getting an uninterrupted view of the sky. When customers send the unit in , a large percentage work perfectly on the test bench. Often you get aggressive customers who simply will not believe that the unit is fine and they need to fix the problems on the vessel. This is Simrad navico's way of skipping around this situation. If you want someone to come free of charge, to your vessel , during the warranty period,they will only do it if installed by a certified dealer.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Boating”