Trailer lock

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Trailer lock

Post by Nude up » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:36 pm

I was having coffee with a couple of other portarlington fishos the other day and the discussion got on to boat insurance I am with club marine when one guy said that my trailer lock with a padlock is not recognised by club marine. I was unsure but he said the Saracens trailer lock is approved and he was getting one for his boat. So I bought one cost $149 delivered looks good I was told you can leave it on when driving so I tried that function out today with no issues another job I won't forget fitting the trailer lock after launching,
Attachments
16336858030300.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Trailer lock

Post by Lightningx » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:05 am

That’s a beauty. I think I need one of these as well 👍🏻

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:44 pm

are trailer insurances void if not locked? i didn't even know that or checked with my insurance.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:55 pm

G’day Nudie!
Long time no speak! Hope all is going well ol’ mate.
That’s quite a robust looking unit judging by the pic. Not a huge investment really for a bit of peace-of-mind, and an eye opener to the “fine print” on certain insurance policies.
The last thing you’d ever want is to wake up at sparrow’s fart, wonder out the door in a semi-conscious sleepy state, only to find your pride and joy not sitting where you left it last. Leaving you unable to steam out to your volume 9, page 234, paragraph 27, super secret fishing spot. I mean ffs, such an event could haunt a fella for years to come!!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:40 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:55 pm
G’day Nudie!
Long time no speak! Hope all is going well ol’ mate.
That’s quite a robust looking unit judging by the pic. Not a huge investment really for a bit of peace-of-mind, and an eye opener to the “fine print” on certain insurance policies.
The last thing you’d ever want is to wake up at sparrow’s fart, wonder out the door in a semi-conscious sleepy state, only to find your pride and joy not sitting where you left it last. Leaving you unable to steam out to your volume 9, page 234, paragraph 27, super secret fishing spot. I mean ffs, such an event could haunt a fella for years to come!!
[/quote

G'day mate it has been a while a lot has happened in between

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:43 pm

My boat is 450 top ender just use extra chain and padlocked to towbar not the removable hitch the other end padlocked to the trailer

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:36 pm
I was having coffee with a couple of other portarlington fishos the other day and the discussion got on to boat insurance I am with club marine when one guy said that my trailer lock with a padlock is not recognised by club marine. I was unsure but he said the Saracens trailer lock is approved and he was getting one for his boat. So I bought one cost $149 delivered looks good I was told you can leave it on when driving so I tried that function out today with no issues another job I won't forget fitting the trailer lock after launching,
I mean, in the event it was stolen, you could always just tell a little white lie to your insurance agent and just tell them that you had their authorised style of lock on it? If someone really wants to yoink a boat, then any type of lock isn’t really going to stop them. Nothing an angle grinder won’t cut off in seconds.

Also Clubmarine is notoriously hard to make claims through though apparently.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:07 pm

. Nothing an angle grinder won’t cut off in seconds.

Also Club marine is notoriously hard to make claims through though apparently.
[/quote]

Correct you cannot stop anyone with angle grinder and yes Cub Marine can be a pain the arse

Return to “Boating”