Kennyboy
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Portarlington boat ramp

Post by Kennyboy » Sat May 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Portarlington boat ramp now due to open 15th of august Rock groyne is now complete just waiting for the new channel markers to be installed . There are a few other issues to be resolved I am going to a meeting on the 10th with several community groups state gov reps better boating vic and bellarine bayside and Geelong council . Let's hope it goes our way

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:00 am

denis barden wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 am
Had a sticky nose at the Queenscliff ramp a few days ago.
Hum, my thought would be mid to late September to reopen
I hope im wrong as the Monster squid start to arrive the start of August
I'm planning to go for them Monday morning, launch at st.leonards and scoot around to the Bight

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:35 pm

fishnut wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:00 am
denis barden wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:05 am
Had a sticky nose at the Queenscliff ramp a few days ago.
Hum, my thought would be mid to late September to reopen
I hope im wrong as the Monster squid start to arrive the start of August
I'm planning to go for them Monday morning, launch at st.leonards and scoot around to the Bight
Let me know how you go I am going Tuesday only off port though with my neighbour.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:32 am

Pt Richards Ramp should be open tomorrow PM 12/8/2022

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:20 pm

denis barden wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:32 am
Pt Richards Ramp should be open tomorrow PM 12/8/2022
I will go and have a look dennis I was at a meeting with BBV on we'd I was told the temporary markers will be installed next week weather permitting I think it is going to be tricky at low tide now I am waiting for it to open and check the depth at low tide they reckon it will be 1.2 mt I told him he is dreaming

Travis
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Travis » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:00 pm

Just had a look and it’s still closed
Went out on the kayak there 3 weeks ago and stopped at the yellow bouys at the entrance to check the depth, using the paddle as depth gauge seemed a bit over metre at mid tide. The busy season is going to be interesting regarding the less room and other wash down tap not being reinstated.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Travis wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:00 pm
Went out on the kayak there 3 weeks ago and stopped at the yellow bouys at the entrance to check the depth, using the paddle as depth gauge seemed a bit over metre at mid tide. The busy season is going to be interesting regarding the less room and other wash down tap not being reinstated.
We have hounded BBV over the need for 2 floating pontoons either side of the ramp it will be chaos peak times and there will be collisions in the harbour and the 90 deg turn to get in

Travis
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Travis » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:40 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm
Travis wrote:
We have hounded BBV over the need for 2 floating pontoons either side of the ramp it will be chaos peak times and there will be collisions in the harbour and the 90 deg turn to get in
It’s going to be tight. Was there any other issues raised in the meeting?

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:09 am

Travis wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:40 pm
Nude up wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm
Travis wrote:
It’s going to be tight. Was there any other issues raised in the meeting?
Why the entrance was reduced from 25mt as per the original plan to 20mt. Because excavator has a 20 mt boom don't need a floating dredge. Lack of space for launching and retrieving especially with the yacht club using this ramp and 75% of the caravan park use this ramp because theirs is to shallow.
A lot of people don't know which side to pass a boat coming at you so the narrow channel and entrance is a recipe for disaster. We wanted to know who is responsible for dredging the entrance how quick it would get done will there be a maintenance plan for the dredging or just adhoc. Clifton Springs has loads of trouble with their entrance silting up and we expect the same to point richards.

Return to “Boating”