New to boating first boat

GummyDude

New to boating first boat

Post by GummyDude » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi guys, i am looking to buy my first boat and would appreciate some help if possible. I am looking at buying a boat around 4 metres in length for fishing in WPB and maybe PPB only along the coast and probably not deeper waters i would also be heading down to port albert, port welshpool area and wondered if something like this would be suitable.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-s ... =13&eapi=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oh my budget is around 7.5 upto around ten. thanks

Justin

rixter

Re: New to boating first boat

Post by rixter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Around a 4m boat for ppb or wpb is fine imo , Port albert on the other hand - that can get rough as guts just like going out the head of ppb sometimes (even rougher sometimes from what i remember !). Might be pushing it a bit to use if frequently at Port albert imo . Cheers , Rick.
Last edited by rixter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

GummyDude

Post by GummyDude » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:53 pm

down port albert way im looking more to move about in the channels not the open sea is that any different? thanks for your help!

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:01 pm

GummyDude wrote:down port albert way im looking more to move about in the channels not the open sea is that any different? thanks for your help!
I meant the channels, around all the small islands heading out of port albert !, even around there it can get really rough. I've had many days fishing there where we couldn't get out to the sea even in a decent size boat ( i probably would of pushed it, but with 80% of the crew throwing up only half way out = go back ! ...hehehhe ). Would be ok for 'Some' days though.
(P.S , my favourite BIG RED hotspot).
Cheers mate.
Last edited by rixter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

GummyDude

Post by GummyDude » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm

oh right :o ohwell if i can use it in WPB, PPB and occasionally take it up to eildon etc i think i can justify it with the boss ;)

cheers mate

rixter

Post by rixter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm

GummyDude wrote:oh right :o ohwell if i can use it in WPB, PPB and occasionally take it up to eildon etc i think i can justify it with the boss ;)

cheers mate
Still would be usable for Port Albert imo , but just 'Occasionaly' depending alot on the weather. It is a rough area. :titanic:

Still have a listen to what others have to say though, as it's been a long time since I used to be into/worked on/and owned boats, and a while since i been down to Port Albert.
All my info is just off what i remember ;).
Good luck , hope you find a nice boat :D .

cheers mate.
Here Fishy Fishy Image

andrew_melbourne

Post by andrew_melbourne » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Hey there, this post might help you out. http://www.fishing-victoria.com/viewtop ... =70&t=3153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tight Lines,
Andrew.

GummyDude

Post by GummyDude » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:55 pm

thanks mate!

Justin

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:21 pm

hey i have 2001 4.1 brooker fisherman comes standard with seats and rail and anchor well...good first boat but.... i wish i had bought 4.5 with flat floor n maybe centre console
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caringba ... 1008312519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; here is new brooker
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 pm

hey i have 2001 4.1 brooker fisherman comes standard with seats and rail and anchor well...good first boat but.... i wish i had bought 4.5 with flat floor n maybe centre console
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caringba ... 1008312519" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; here is new brooker
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/warners- ... 1012713447#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Boating”