Fishing related lockdown activities.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Sinsemilla

Re: Fishing related lockdown activities.

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:20 am

Aimless wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am
I have already organised my tackle boxes (including setting up a new microjig box) which was fun. Redid some of my rods and set up a couple of new reels I got (a nice shallow spool Exceler for my ultralight gear and a cheap Kastking one just to give it a go on another rod of mine).

I had a nice shoulderbag coming from Aliexpress which can fit my microjig box, as well as another box for bigger lures + all the little bits. However suddenly moved last week so not sure it will ever reach me.

Think I will tie some bait rigs over the weekend. Don't do much bait fishing now but mostly because I'm not often prepared for it. Anyone got tips on how to store tied bait lines ready to go?

As for youtube suggestions, I heartily recommend you watch this Fishing the Wild NT channel. Great production, awesome fishing. I don't usually go in for fishing videos but this is a real adventure. And some great insight into traditional indigenous methods like spearing too (wait until you see how they handle rays!!) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8tX- ... EqwYePCArA

How good are the fishing the wild vids. Those guys are living the life i want to live. I've watched all their stuff.

My uncle has a bloke at his work that has family in Arnhem land and can get us onto some really remote places. It was supposed to happen this year but by the looks of things i don't think so.. It is definitely going to happen though. Hopefully next year is a better year for everyone.

Cheers, Anth

Aimless
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Aimless » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:20 am
Aimless wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am
I have already organised my tackle boxes (including setting up a new microjig box) which was fun. Redid some of my rods and set up a couple of new reels I got (a nice shallow spool Exceler for my ultralight gear and a cheap Kastking one just to give it a go on another rod of mine).

I had a nice shoulderbag coming from Aliexpress which can fit my microjig box, as well as another box for bigger lures + all the little bits. However suddenly moved last week so not sure it will ever reach me.

Think I will tie some bait rigs over the weekend. Don't do much bait fishing now but mostly because I'm not often prepared for it. Anyone got tips on how to store tied bait lines ready to go?

As for youtube suggestions, I heartily recommend you watch this Fishing the Wild NT channel. Great production, awesome fishing. I don't usually go in for fishing videos but this is a real adventure. And some great insight into traditional indigenous methods like spearing too (wait until you see how they handle rays!!) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8tX- ... EqwYePCArA

How good are the fishing the wild vids. Those guys are living the life i want to live. I've watched all their stuff.

My uncle has a bloke at his work that has family in Arnhem land and can get us onto some really remote places. It was supposed to happen this year but by the looks of things i don't think so.. It is definitely going to happen though. Hopefully next year is a better year for everyone.

Cheers, Anth
Yeah it's amazing stuff. I have a mate who is the ABC's rural reporter working out of Katherine and Darwin. His job is basically driving around to the most remote parts of the NT, filing radio reports and stories about the outback stations and communities. He is into photography and takes great photos but I have been egging him into fishing because the barramundi in his parts of the world are unreal..!

Always look forward to a new video from those guys anyway. Their normal day fishing always looks like some of my few best ever days of fishing hah.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:33 pm

What a job. Now that's a job you can do and really enjoy at the same time. He's living the dream!

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:13 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 pm
Build your own rod it's not hard you can get the components delivered to you. Plenty of resources online.

Read a book and improve your knowledge I have How to use an echo sounder/fish finder by John Adams on my coffee table.

Improve your knot game I am going to try and learn a few game fishing knots and make some live baiting rigs.

Practice your casting the pesky neighbourhood cat is a great target for a 1/2 Oz sinker.

Last but not least Youtube channels I am enjoying Lubin Pfeiffer's The Full Scale Fishing Adventures

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTdD8T ... ey66mxbLYQ

Also just watched Paul Malov at Blue Rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pTyuaNlIbs
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwJ_oW ... w/featured

Rex hunt is putting a few of his old shows on youtube.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:36 am

You blokes should rebuild a boat. It ensures any money you would otherwise be saving is spent and you don’t really think about the lockdown when you’re itchy.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

ducky wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:36 am
You blokes should rebuild a boat. It ensures any money you would otherwise be saving is spent and you don’t really think about the lockdown when you’re itchy.
Ive really enjoyed your renovations posts, but its also made me realise I'll be staying with aluminium ;-)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 am

im back to motivating myself to tie some flies.
few detailing products have arrived from the states, so will give that a crack soon.
learn how to use the new gopros.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:55 pm

6 more weeks of neither of my jobs. My house is getting pulled apart, walls, floors, the whole lot.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Finish putting together our 120 page Colour Catalogue with plenty of new goodies in it, although there would have been alot more if it weren't for Covid stopping us from going overseas and finish designing a new range which we needed to be at the Factory to do.

Done all our Facebook adverts on 3 Facebook pages and now have been sitting down today and have just updated our Website with new Banners on all the new stuff and loaded all the new products.

Next task will be to do Videos on all the new products then get things ready to do 2 Facebook Live segments on all the new Strike Pro ranges with some giveaways!
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Tim399
Has liked: 252 times

Post by Tim399 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:49 pm

I typically give my drive a squirt of inox after a freshwater rinse when I get back from yak fishing, then do a few rotations of the peddles so it coats all of the moving parts.

If you want a cheap fix for stuff not falling out of the crate when you turtle, you can cut a base off another crate, flip it upside down and make a hinge out of cable ties with a bungee to keep it closed.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”