Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 am

Fish-cador wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:51 am
Is there a petition somewhere to allow double jabbed fishos to wet a line within 25km?

My place is 10km +1inch from the brine.
Around 75.4 first dose ....
So by Sunday should be 80% 15k limit or so...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

bowl

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 am

ben475 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:56 pm
wow, you guys think its ok? i guess i'm in the minority then.
No good , he will be investigated and hopefully given the arse.

Person might get AbI cause of incident

Majority of police do right thing, but like any work place there is always one or two **** heads that go over board

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm

bowl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 am
Fish-cador wrote:
Is there a petition somewhere to allow double jabbed fishos to wet a line within 25km?

Just announced that we wont be hitting the 80% one dose vaccination rate & lifting travel restrictions on Sunday

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:33 pm

ben475 wrote:
It's not ok, I'm just not surprised. That policeman probably spend the day getting spat on and p!iss thrown on him.

bowl

Post by bowl » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:45 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:25 pm
bowl wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:19 am
Fish-cador wrote:

Just announced that we wont be hitting the 80% one dose vaccination rate & lifting travel restrictions on Sunday
Hopefully Monday then.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm

DougieK wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:31 pm
cobby wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:36 pm
Do you also buy 3 butter chickens from 3 different Indian joints with similar reviews just in case 1 is **** or the uber eats bloke takes 10 years to deliver 1 of them cold, meaning you waste $25 of butter chicken in the bin or offer surplus around to neighbours in the faint hope you can recoup your wasted money if the first is actually pretty bloody good? No. If the 1 you did order is **** you go elsewhere later or next time. Same principles apply, just on a far greater and wider reaching scale
And that, boys and girls, is why you don't take health advice from the guy who works in a tackle shop.

You would think the guy that's been throwing a tantrum about lockdowns for the last 18 months would be furious that we could have all been vaccinated 9 months ago, but the tribalism is so strong, here we are.
Well for starters, it's been over a decade since I worked in a tackle shop but anyway...

Did you completely skip over the part where I said with the benefit of hindsight it's a giant **** up? At the time all of it was signed for, Oxford was number 1, Pfizer was promising on new tech. There was zero known issues in regards to clots with AZ either, and they weren't known until very close to our roll out date which was well after most nations had signed all their deals with all parties, with a governing body giving recommendations widely recognised as one of the most conservative in the world. Logistics and dispensing network for a traditional based vax are well established vs the strict requirements of mrna. And it can be manufactured almost immediately onshore instead of relying on importation and risk continual issues like seen early on in Italy. Any person with any shred of business acumen would make the same decisions to underpin the whole roll-out on the product that is far cheaper to buy, easily produced, far cheaper and easier to distribute and AT THE TIME was producing results almost as good results as the new tech. It's not tribalism, it's reality at the point of purchase agreements being signed.

And, if you bothered to see why I have continually thrown tantrums over the lockdowns we're subjected to in the PRV, you'd notice it was predominantly attacking the secrecy of information, the hypocrisy of decisions and rules with no evidence anywhere in the world banning is warranted, the fear mongering, making up rulings without consultation, over-riding the supposed health advisor and the giant shift of goalposts from management with, to elimination of a virus within a family that will NEVER be eliminated. It will become endemic like all the others and continue to kill and cause long term issues in what really is statistically a small minority of the worlds population for decades to come, 40 million Pfizer doses or otherwise. Not only that, but we go from draconian lockdown to lockdown lite within the PRV, just more rhetoric and bull from the government. Tell me how the below picture is apparently perfectly safe and stops spreading the virus, but removing 14 of the people from the image and replacing them with 2 sets of personal equipment and a flag post is not safe and will lead to everyone involved needing intubation or a tracheostomy in a hospital icu ward? Because that's exactly the messaging from the great and powerful and wise chairman and his court jester. THAT sort of rubbish is why I have cracked it since the start, and is a very big reason why most people that aren't hypochondriacs, including enforcement, have no regards for the inconsequential actions and activities currently outlawed.

Fair enough if you go after me, I couldn't care less and do have an element of nihilism. But to go after Will because some ******** independent or otherwise within a gutter rat profession hasn't written anything within a similar vein was ******* ridiculous. He's provided more in-depth information and context to decisions and rhetoric from the "leaders" than they themselves have bothered to freely handout for the last 18 months. And why would all this matter to you now anyway? You've escaped the PRV to a place where the words "opening up" actually have some meaning
Attachments
E_DVVtVVQAAJxT6.jpeg

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:15 pm

cobby wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Fair enough if you go after me, I couldn't care less and do have an element of nihilism. But to go after Will because some ******** independent or otherwise within a gutter rat profession hasn't written anything within a similar vein was ******* ridiculous. He's provided more in-depth information and context to decisions and rhetoric from the "leaders" than they themselves have bothered to freely handout for the last 18 months. And why would all this matter to you now anyway? You've escaped the PRV to a place where the words "opening up" actually have some meaning
I've got a little learning experience for you.

Read what I wrote. Read it really, really carefully.

Then read old mates rage quit after someone suggested his source might not be good.

Read his goodbye message, really really reaaalllllyyyy carefully.

Then tell me if you think there is any reason this person might have been speaking the way they were.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:17 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:33 pm
ben475 wrote:
It's not ok, I'm just not surprised. That policeman probably spend the day getting spat on and p!iss thrown on him.
Nobody thinks it's ok. Lot's of people do, however, have a great deal of sympathy for police dealing with this nonsense.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:11 pm

Truedogz wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:50 pm
DougieK wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:25 pm
Oh, I think it's entirely possible that Truedogz source is accurate, it is exactly the kind of nonsense you'd expect.
My source is accurate - a high ranking official in New Zealand Health intimately involved in their vaccine rollout. In fact I'd go so far as to say my source was impeccable. They are not my only source, I've got two here that have supported the story in general and they would know.

I'm obviously not going to reveal their identify or some of the other details they passed on. I would point to the links I have provided about the rollout in NZ, the imbroglio over rights, NZ's support then reversal, and that Pfizer 'offered us' 40 million doses - enough to double vax the expected eligible population all points to the scenario outlined being quite plausible.

If not then try to explain New Zealand's rollout.

As for not hearing about it elsewhere I'm sure quite a few know but won't say anything. In some cases it would be out of concern for jeopardising Australia's vaccine rollout, for others jeopardising their future. For some it is a political opportunity and I include journalists here. The other day I stated my view that NSW had not received any 'secret' benefits in terms of the vaccine rollout and The Age, no fan of the Morrison Government, has reached the same conclusion. My conclusion is that some journalists failed to adequately check their information and others willfully ignored it.
DougieK wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:25 pm
But if it were, I think Scotty from marketing would have been howling it since the MW article came out.
Not when Pfizer still have you by the balls. We still source vaccine from them and might require new versions down the track now that AZ is pretty much out of the running. Obviously, not all of the documents, correspondence have been made public and clearly some of it was to remain confidential at Pfizer's request as reported in their correspondence. None of us know what the current arrangements are.
4liters wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:15 pm
It would be strange (but I guess not impossible) for Pfizer to approach Australia with one set of terms but offer Israel something so significantly different.
What might have been said in private might not be made public in the interest of all parties whether it is a company such as Pfizer or governments in Israel, New Zealand or Australia. I don't know about Israel but I know what I have been told was put to NZ and oz - and while I'd expect a written agreement for exclusive use of a vaccine would not be signed an undertaking of intent on its use would be the arrangement.

Again, try to explain the NZ rollout - only placed an order for Pfizer in December 2020 (after oz), didn't order Moderna, and J&J and AZ are in the "provisional approval does not mean that we have committed to using" category. Like Australia they later provisionally ordered Novovax (which offered the potential of being the best vaccine) which has been plagued with delays - it will be interesting to see if they roll it out. They might watch what happens elswhere before risking upsetting their current supplier.

Guys, I re-entered the forum to try to provide some better information to members on some of the technical aspects on what is going on. There are a lot of concerned people pretty stressed by the events of the past eighteen months. I think I've got a better background than most on this forum to do so: Biochemist that worked for CSIRO (still maintain my network connections), was mentored by Struan Sutherland of CSL and I have former students of mine directly involved in pcr, genetic engineering, vaccine development and the modelling going on right now. I personally know people at the various institutes in the spotlight at the moment and in a number of advisory groups on this matter. So I think these people at the coalface have a better understanding of these things and some better information than many journos reporting for the Guardian, Sky News or whoever.

My purpose in my posts was to better educate, reassure and bring a better tone to this thread in particular for non-partisan readers. I am not a fan of either the pm or the premier. I haven't said the Morrison Government was blameless in the issues with our vaccine rollout. I think both the pm and the premier have made good calls and poor ones and the virus has found chinks in our defenses due to ideology on both sides of politics. I was once a member of the ALP and at one point was asked to stand for preselection. These days I am a swinging voter but still with a labor heart. I take the view that polarising, partisan politics started destroying the country well before covid and that rational debate has declined as a consequence. Even though I don't think a great deal of Scott Morrison or Daniel Andrews I am prepared to say something when I think the criticism is unfair and think collectively they have done a reasonable job in extraordinary circumstances. Unfortunately people just want to hate the opposite side of politics no matter what.

It was probably a waste of time coming on here but if I have reassured people that it is not all doom and gloom then maybe it was worthwhile.
No Will it was not a waste of time i appreciate the information you have provided thank you very much Darren

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 am
4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm
I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not anti vax, I'm booked in for my first jab next week, however I am pro-choice and I maintain every Australian deserves to have a choice. But if they choose not to get the vax, then from a medical standpoint obviously priority should be given to those that have taken the vaccine who require ICU bed's before those who have covid and don't have the vax.
I'm pro choice with the jabs too... to the extent peoples' choices don't spill over and start compromising other peoples' health.

If we had the capacity to look after anti vaxxers with covid and give people like re-tyred's daughter the care they need as well I really couldn't care less if they choose to own themselves with covid.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Off Topic Forum”