Lincoln, a New Edit

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Lincoln, a New Edit

Post by Bugatti » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm

I was going to put this thread in "Bay 13" but thought it would be better if all users can view this.

Lincoln posted a video of a fishing session he had (a legal fishing session) in Albert Park Lake, which includes footage of an encounter he had with a woman. The woman, was "triggered" and as we have commented on previous threads of this footage, Lincoln handled the situation exceptionally well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXxsWheKgo

To no avail, as none of Lincoln's good behaviour is shown in the footage (the new edited footage) in the article. The news edited the original footage of 5 mins 11 sec, to about 2 mins 11 secs (from memory). I say from memory, as that footage has again been edited since then, to just 32 secs. This current footage on the news article portrays Lincoln unfairly and the woman favourably.

Have a look and make your own mind up. Keeping in mind, this is the footage that the millions of non-fishos are going to see AND NOT the full video as we have had the courtesy of. So they are not given all the footage, all the story and most importantly, they are not shown Lincoln's composed responses with his appropriate explanations of no wrong doing at all.

Have a good look at the article footage AND the article itself, photos included

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 0ff4b05247

Here are some key points

The footage is titled "Fisherman confronted in Melbourne Park". Confronted, Lincoln was "confronted" like as if Lincoln is the wrong doer.
Also the new footage shows the Swans mostly, to justify the "don't interfere with the Wildlife" theme that is being pushed.

L1.PNG

And to make sure you didn't miss the "interfered Wildlife" in the video, the article even provides a photo of the "interfered wildlife" (Swans) with the "concerned member of the public" standing along side them, almost like she is portrayed as the Swan's "Protector"

L6.PNG

AND just in case you haven't seen the "interfered Wildlife" enough, they provide another photo. BUT this one is even better because it shows the alleged "interfering with the Wildlife" because the photo has a foot-note to it saying "The man was fishing near swans", and the image of Lincoln fishing near Swans.

L3.PNG

The article quotes "Parks Victoria encourages the ‘catch and release’ method of fishing". And just below that quote is a photo of Lincoln holding a fish with a foot-note of "Lincoln shows off a fish he caught earlier". No mention that the fish WAS RELEASED. So it is inferred that Lincoln is a Fish Killer.

L4.PNG

To you and I, this is a simple statement.
But to the average Joe blow , , , , "shows off" gives a vague notion of gloating, bragging. Also "caught earlier" also gives rise to the notion that the fish is dead because of the misrepresentation of "caught earlier" and the notion that the photo was taken "later" AND of the absence of the important phrase "and released". This is blatant as it goes from "encourages catch and release" and quoting Lincoln in photo form immediately after that, as "caught" BUT no mention of release, which they know he did release it.

And what better way to finish the article but with a photo of what can be miss-interpreted as a "smug smile" on Lincoln and with a "leaning on the car, Devil may care looking" mate.

L5.PNG

Lincoln makes mention in his video that he was "harassed". The article doesn't mention it or use that footage.

All of Lincoln's explanations are not on the new edited footage.
NO catch and release that is shown in Lincoln's original video made it to the article footage.
No footage of Lincoln fishing with NO Swans in view is shown, even though that was the bulk of his fishing.

You could pick more holes in it but I think I have made my point.

What do you think ????

Regards, Bugatti

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Lincoln, a New Edit

Post by 4liters » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:02 pm

um, what?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:22 pm

It’s just clickbait from mainstream media Bug. If anything it will boost Lincoln’s profile.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:26 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:02 pm
um, what?

What?

OK, here it is again but if I have to tell you the third time, it's off to your room with no dessert :-D

The key point to notice is:

The footage has been edited and the article structured to portray the woman as a "Concerned Member of the Public" (The "Goodie") and Lincoln as not (namely the "Baddie" or the "Meanie").

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 pm
I was going to put this thread in "Bay 13" but thought it would be better if all users can view this.

Lincoln posted a video of a fishing session he had (a legal fishing session) in Albert Park Lake, which includes footage of an encounter he had with a woman. The woman, was "triggered" and as we have commented on previous threads of this footage, Lincoln handled the situation exceptionally well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoXxsWheKgo

To no avail, as none of Lincoln's good behaviour is shown in the footage (the new edited footage) in the article. The news edited the original footage of 5 mins 11 sec, to about 2 mins 11 secs (from memory). I say from memory, as that footage has again been edited since then, to just 32 secs. This current footage on the news article portrays Lincoln unfairly and the woman favourably.

Have a look and make your own mind up. Keeping in mind, this is the footage that the millions of non-fishos are going to see AND NOT the full video as we have had the courtesy of. So they are not given all the footage, all the story and most importantly, they are not shown Lincoln's composed responses with his appropriate explanations of no wrong doing at all.

Have a good look at the article footage AND the article itself, photos included

https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 0ff4b05247

Here are some key points

The footage is titled "Fisherman confronted in Melbourne Park". Confronted, Lincoln was "confronted" like as if Lincoln is the wrong doer.
Also the new footage shows the Swans mostly, to justify the "don't interfere with the Wildlife" theme that is being pushed.

L1.PNG

And to make sure you didn't miss the "interfered Wildlife" in the video, the article even provides a photo of the "interfered wildlife" (Swans) with the "concerned member of the public" standing along side them, almost like she is portrayed as the Swan's "Protector"

L6.PNG

AND just in case you haven't seen the "interfered Wildlife" enough, they provide another photo. BUT this one is even better because it shows the alleged "interfering with the Wildlife" because the photo has a foot-note to it saying "The man was fishing near swans", and the image of Lincoln fishing near Swans.

L3.PNG

The article quotes "Parks Victoria encourages the ‘catch and release’ method of fishing". And just below that quote is a photo of Lincoln holding a fish with a foot-note of "Lincoln shows off a fish he caught earlier". No mention that the fish WAS RELEASED. So it is inferred that Lincoln is a Fish Killer.

L4.PNG

To you and I, this is a simple statement.
But to the average Joe blow , , , , "shows off" gives a vague notion of gloating, bragging. Also "caught earlier" also gives rise to the notion that the fish is dead because of the misrepresentation of "caught earlier" and the notion that the photo was taken "later" AND of the absence of the important phrase "and released". This is blatant as it goes from "encourages catch and release" and quoting Lincoln in photo form immediately after that, as "caught" BUT no mention of release, which they know he did release it.

And what better way to finish the article but with a photo of what can be miss-interpreted as a "smug smile" on Lincoln and with a "leaning on the car, Devil may care looking" mate.

L5.PNG

Lincoln makes mention in his video that he was "harassed". The article doesn't mention it or use that footage.

All of Lincoln's explanations are not on the new edited footage.
NO catch and release that is shown in Lincoln's original video made it to the article footage.
No footage of Lincoln fishing with NO Swans in view is shown, even though that was the bulk of his fishing.

You could pick more holes in it but I think I have made my point.

What do you think ????

Regards, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:29 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:22 pm
It’s just clickbait from mainstream media Bug. If anything it will boost Lincoln’s profile.

Oh most definitely rb, Lincoln is going to get good mileage out of this, which is a win for him.

The sad thing is, it pampers to the low opinion some have of Fisherfolk, even when someone like Lincoln has behaved exceptionally well.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Uncle Bug, just ignore it mate. When it happen to you or any member and me, I'm sure we will use nice word to get they off us. Plus there is no vegan here that fish.... it consider a sin in Vegan cult. :-D I show some of my Chinese half side and kung fu hi-yaaaaaaa karate chop too and my thai martial art which my mom tell me use knee to clinch kick vegan butt (can't use A word). So listen to my favourite chill song and calm down Bug and imagine your self drive on country road to fishing holiday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwJ-wDQtbgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gx97BH5kKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSCyiFgPuk
Keeping going, Keeping fighting, Keeping fishing, Keeping do your best.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm

I think you're grasping at straws a little here, the media is generally pretty good at manipulating one side of a story and painting the SJW's of the world in a positive light, but this isn't one of these times.

I think news.com.au is fairly in favour of our resident angler on this occasion

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm
I think you're grasping at straws a little here, the media is generally pretty good at manipulating one side of a story and painting the SJW's of the world in a positive light, but this isn't one of these times.

I agree I was study at La trobe and full of SJW and i got suspended for three mouth because one of the girl is bisexual but she doesn't feel sexual connection to any female and man I was like WTF i done something stupid by showing a picture to get her feel sexual as a joke, also my friend who stay at that uni told me that last mouth a girl who doesn't agree on women should have hair on her leg and don't shave because of patriarchy force on the women to behave and she disagree with them and like to shave it, latter that day two man harass her and glow some hair on her legs to prove their point, they got suspense for three day only. Also in every uni there is some sort of promote safe space, and uni there is many commies student and believe that communist idea is for queer people and lower class and promote equal bull. But with Lincoln case he is lucky

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:02 pm
Kimtown wrote:

I agree I was study at La trobe and full of SJW and i got suspended for three mouth because one of the girl is bisexual but she doesn't feel sexual connection to any female and man I was like WTF i done something stupid by showing a picture to get her feel sexual as a joke, also my friend who stay at that uni told me that last mouth a girl who doesn't agree on women should have hair on her leg and don't shave because of patriarchy force on the women to behave and she disagree with them and like to shave it, latter that day two man harass her and glow some hair on her legs to prove their point, they got suspense for three day only. Also in every uni there is some sort of promote safe space, and uni there is many commies student and believe that communist idea is for queer people and lower class and promote equal bull. But with Lincoln case he is lucky
That is pretty much completely unrelated to what I said but I love every bit about it regardless

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:02 pm
Kimtown wrote:

That is pretty much completely unrelated to what I said but I love every bit about it regardless
Sorry mate, I all have habit of gone off topic, but I try to said that our landbase plastic guy lincom is lucky that the media is not CNN, I never saw media treat people opinion against sjw that good. But regard what I said we should avoid them as all cost includes some random women they just can said you harness her by saiding hi for example this guy who fight again drug addiction daughter
https://youtu.be/RzA4dCT4X0I
https://youtu.be/HrG8nDDd3GE
Man gone off topic again dammit.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”