expensive insurance this is why

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: expensive insurance this is why

Post by smile0784 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:39 pm

A few issues there
But mainly

What a waste

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 am

Something similar to this happened to a (very dumb) mate of mine on the way over to McLaughins inlet. A kangaroo ran out of the scrub and instead of just slamming on the brakes and smacking into it, he attempted to dodge it.... at 100+ km/h. His big 6.5 whitley or whatever it was fish-tailed down the highway just like this boat did... he was EXTREMELY lucky to hold onto it and managed to correct it and came to a stop.

Could have been very very bad. Especially hitting a big gum tree head on, or even worse an on coming car.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 am

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 am
Something similar to this happened to a (very dumb) mate of mine on the way over to McLaughins inlet. A kangaroo ran out of the scrub and instead of just slamming on the brakes and smacking into it, he attempted to dodge it.... at 100+ km/h. His big 6.5 whitley or whatever it was fish-tailed down the highway just like this boat did... he was EXTREMELY lucky to hold onto it and managed to correct it and came to a stop.

Could have been very very bad. Especially hitting a big gum tree head on, or even worse an on coming car.
I didn’t want to but the very reason I had a bull bar fitted to my land cruiser. I didn’t want to waste a fishing trip especially when going to Bermie or Portland. That was the advice just hit the kangaroo don’t even think about swerving. My style of driving does not go well swerving I tend to drive at the top end of the speed limit. My boat weighs in at 2600kg I overtake lots of people no fish tailing the easy tow trailer is a ripper.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:21 am

It is all about the COG and ball weight. Keep the COG as low as possible and have enough ball weight to keep it stable.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:45 am

Nude up wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 am
Kimtown wrote:

I didn’t want to but the very reason I had a bull bar fitted to my land cruiser. I didn’t want to waste a fishing trip especially when going to Bermie or Portland. That was the advice just hit the kangaroo don’t even think about swerving. My style of driving does not go well swerving I tend to drive at the top end of the speed limit. My boat weighs in at 2600kg I overtake lots of people no fish tailing the easy tow trailer is a ripper.
Dead kangaroo vs dead me?

Hmmm tough one...

I love kangaroos as an animal in general, but I know which one I'm picking. Sorry skip.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:49 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:45 am
Nude up wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:41 am
Kimtown wrote:

Dead kangaroo vs dead me?

Hmmm tough one...

I love kangaroos as an animal in general, but I know which one I'm picking. Sorry skip.
Me too they taste great ......
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “Off Topic Forum”