Melbourne Electricity

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Melbourne Electricity

Post by dazz999 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:19 pm

Okay everything has changed over the last few week,s people are now looking at way,s to save money i,m with AGL is there a better/cheaper company to use i,m not locked into any plan,s at the moment.Any suggestion,s please put forward and if you have any more sensible way,s to save on bill,s put them up it might help people .Stay safe and look after each other Cheer,s Dazz

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Re: Melbourne Electricity

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:12 pm

I would say from experience working at two of them - they all have retention teams that offer big discounts to keep you from transferring. If you were to take up an offer with Origin, AGL will get notified of your request to transfer and will call you with said big discount. When you call to cancel with Origin in your cooling off period - their cancellations team might even beat that offer.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm

There’s an energy comparison thing the vic government is/was running where they’d send you a $50 cheque for doing, might be worth a look
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Great topic dazz :tu:

I'm guilty of over filling the Kettle when boiling water for just one cup of coffee. It might sound trivial, but every cup of coffee I now don't boil enough water needed to boil a pot of pasta , , , , probably because I have no pasta :(

That would save a bit of electricity with every cup. It definitely would accumulate to a saving.

Cheers, Bugs

, , , , to save on boiling water for a coffee, seems a glass of Jack Daniels to replace each coffee seems to be a great idea too :-D

I mean , , , , Jacks does look like Tea, after-all :-D

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

4liters wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:15 pm
There’s an energy comparison thing the vic government is/was running where they’d send you a $50 cheque for doing, might be worth a look
I Don't think they are still giving the $50 but it is still definately worth using this website just to find the best deal
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:35 pm

I changed to Tango last year from origin, and the reduction in bills has been substantial and the AC was given a good hammering this summer. Went Glowbird for gas

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:33 pm

My biggest concern, and indeed surprise on this topic is,

BUGS, please don't tell me you still drink instant coffee ?? who still does that !!.
It's time for you to enter the 21 century, get yourself down to Aldi, ask the wonderful staff to sort you out with one of those pod machines, immediately.
Prey tell man, as if Corona virus wasn't bad enough, then to hear someone still drinks instant coffee !!!!

A collection can be started, if so needed Bugs, But please tell me you'll look into it, put my mind at rest ???

Col

:-D

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm

Solar panels...only smart option.

Bill went front 650 to 45 bucks

Paid for themselves in two yrsn

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 am

barra mick wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 pm
Solar panels...only smart option.

Bill went front 650 to 45 bucks

Paid for themselves in two yrsn
I heard from a friend that the government or electricity company don't pay you back as much for the kw's that your panels put back to the grid. New installers might not be as lucky as the earlier guys years back when it boomed. Offgrid systems is not legal in residential areas otherwise that could help save a few bucks off your bill.
These days, learning how to use your electricity more efficiently is the key. There are so many gadgets to help too, same goes for rain water harvesting.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”