Cruise ships

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
ango

Re: Cruise ships

Post by ango » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 pm

Hi Purple.
If eating & drinking are your thing then you will love it, but you can only do so much of that. I don't mind my own company which is why I go fishing on my own sometimes but I also have fun getting out with mates too. I found the constant press of people on the cruise all the time a bit much, and also the demographic (60's and upward) was a bit too old for me. Having to dress up for dinner was a PITA. I would rather go camping, no shaving and wear the same clothes for a week. Days at sea become a bit boring and shore excursions are limited because the ship only stays in port for the day. Each to their own I guess.
Cheers
Ango.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

ango wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Hi Purple.
If eating & drinking are your thing then you will love it, but you can only do so much of that. I don't mind my own company which is why I go fishing on my own sometimes but I also have fun getting out with mates too. I found the constant press of people on the cruise all the time a bit much, and also the demographic (60's and upward) was a bit too old for me. Having to dress up for dinner was a PITA. I would rather go camping, no shaving and wear the same clothes for a week. Days at sea become a bit boring and shore excursions are limited because the ship only stays in port for the day. Each to their own I guess.
Cheers
Ango.
No worries mate thanks for that info, im not a big eater or drinker. but ive always wanted to go on a ship.

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:55 pm

I always say to people that ask me about cruising that if you want a holiday where you can just bum around and not worry about anything then you will be more likely to enjoy a cruise. Where as if you are the sort of person who is constantly up and about and doing things then you might not like it because on a cruise pretty much everything is done for you.

Like most things, some will love it, some will hate it and most will be somewhere in the middle.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm
ango wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Hi Purple.
Cheers
Ango.
No worries mate thanks for that info, im not a big eater or drinker. but ive always wanted to go on a ship.
Spirit of Tasmania

Return to “Off Topic Forum”