Fishing related lockdown activities.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Re: Fishing related lockdown activities.

Post by IFISHALOT » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Sebb wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:07 pm
I'm overdue to go to blue rock lake on yak. Maybe summer for baas on surface.
Oh Blue Rock in summer on surface :sr: :sr: :sr:
2014-01-19 14.57.40-1 - Copy.jpg
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am
ducky wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:36 am
You blokes should rebuild a boat. It ensures any money you would otherwise be saving is spent and you don’t really think about the lockdown when you’re itchy.
Ive really enjoyed your renovations posts, but its also made me realise I'll be staying with aluminium ;-)
Where’s your sense of adventure.

My fav part of working on it is waking up in the middle of the day after NS. Doing a couple hours work on it. Eating and then trying to go back to sleep with the fibreglass itch. Haha. It’s brilliant.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 pm

I'll be pulling down and servicing my reels at some point between fishing trips. I've gotta do one after the other week so figured doing others at the same time wouldn't hurt

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Well this lock down just like the last hasn't really effected me apart from version 1 having the fishing ban and putting on 2 many KGs sitting around and not aloud out for my normal exercise

this time I still have my normal 5 days a week work and I will be fishing or paddling as much as I can Weather dependent of cause

However for those days when the weather is less than good enough I'll be back working on my solo skiff to get it out of the way I need the room to build another kayak
also looking at carving a greenland style paddle and have some new lures to finish some large chrome slices that I wonted to try on Spaniards next time to South west rocks if we can get pasted the border in Jan
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:07 pm
Well this lock down just like the last hasn't really effected me apart from version 1 having the fishing ban and putting on 2 many KGs sitting around and not aloud out for my normal exercise

this time I still have my normal 5 days a week work and I will be fishing or paddling as much as I can Weather dependent of cause

However for those days when the weather is less than good enough I'll be back working on my solo skiff to get it out of the way I need the room to build another kayak
also looking at carving a greenland style paddle and have some new lures to finish some large chrome slices that I wonted to try on Spaniards next time to South west rocks if we can get pasted the border in Jan

Let me know when it's to windy and you feel like welding patches ;-)

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Brett wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13 pm
cheaterparts wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:07 pm

Let me know when it's to windy and you feel like welding patches ;-)
no worries
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Thought I'd bump this up.

So far I've cleaned the windows of the house, mowed the lawns, reapooled most of my reels with new braid , tied new leaders, cleaned up the shed and well found a goldmine of unused lures and fishing related items.
I dont need to buy lures for a while now after going through my pile of secret stashes that even I forgot about hahaha.

The fly tieing has been put on hold temporarily now because I figured I have so many plastics and hard bodies now that I really dont need to go to the flies.
But I will still make a couple atleast to satisfy my curiosity..

Once I've finished up with the shed I'll probably attempt to do some patchwork painting and hole filling in the walls. And maybe attempt to give the cars a good cleanup ..

Hope everyone has been doing ok..
Hang in there, hopefully not long before we are fishing again!!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Well. That took all of 10 mins to do.
Very crude , but I reckon its going to work.
FB_IMG_1598172414508.jpg

I used whatever I had in the shed to make it. Apart from buying some white fur from Ebay. The flasher is from a used snapper rig, hook was found rummaging around the tackle box,

The fur from Ebay Is the wrong size unfortunately. The fur isnt long enough so its going to be small sized flies with them.

Diy vice...
Small Bench vice and spring clamp combo.

FB_IMG_1598172914219.jpg
And some used braided line as thread..
FB_IMG_1598172925129.jpg

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm
4liters wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:59 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 pm
I was going to let you know about the blue rock vid but you're onto it rb.

I'm doing mods to the yak. sorted the tackle storage situation in the round hatch so my stuff doesn't get wet as it's not sealed.

Once the weather fines up, I'll finish off the casting deck on the tinny and install the leccy and other bits and pieces on it.

Also I've changed a few dodgy trebles and cleaned up a few lures and been servicing my reels.

Cheers, Anth
What mods are you doing on the yak?
Not real significant changes, just changing small things here and there like upgrading fixings, making tackle storage solutions and organizing things to make it more fisher friendly and comfortable.

I have a milk crate behind me which holds bits and pieces but i know if i go over, it will all disappear. Aaron has an esky that he showed me which im thinking might work to replace the crate.

I made a hinge out of materiel for the front hatch so i don't lose it.

I got a plano tackle box that is for a bucket and trimmed up the edges and cut a piece out so the latch can still lock and also glued rubber pieces underneath it so it doesn't slide around. this will also hold my phone and keys and keep them dry.

I put heat shrink on the paddles for grip with wet hands and one in the middle for when i have a fish on and I'm using it with one hand.

My dog.. Making sure everything is done properly..

Cheers, Anth
Is that a Doberman?

Looks friendly as lol

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:00 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:16 pm
Well. That took all of 10 mins to do.
Very crude , but I reckon its going to work
Looks pretty good for a first shot, generic imitation of any number of small bait fish - good work and congrats! Apart from catching the other test will be if it stays together or not.

Are you going to use a fly rod or where you gonna throw it via your spin gear somehow?

Return to “Off Topic Forum”