Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Job keeper plan

Post by dazz999 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 pm

Is anyone on it at the moment ,is it a good thing are company,s taking advantage,s of it example letting you use holiday pay before they use it Please be civil about it .i work in the motor trade/dealership

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm

It hasn't started yet, businesses can register their interest at this stage though. They haven't released the legislation so everything that has been publicised to date is just the initial proposal so there might be some changes although that is unlikely.

It would be hard for businesses to defraud the plan based on what we know so far because the ATO will be monitoring payments to employees to make sure the $1500 gets passed on to them.

The most likely way it will be abused is through sole traders signing up when they aren't really impacted, but that's probably a fairly minor concern in the grand scheme of things.

One problem is that payments aren't going to start until May so there's a lot of businesses that can't keep paying their workforce until then, and because the subsidy is based on businesses paying their workforce those people will miss out.

Another problem is that a lot of casuals will miss out on it as well because casuals have to have been employed for 12 months to be eligible. People who miss out on Job Keeper will more than likely be able to get the Job Seeker payments although that is $200/wk less than Job Keeper. I guess their thinking is that maybe casuals would be on less money and would be able to get by on the smaller Job Seeker payments. Or maybe they just don't give a rats arse about casuals. I'll go with the latter given early on in the piece one of the ministers came out and said that because casuals tend to get a higher hourly rate they should have saved and been prepared to miss out on months of work.

More info can be found here: https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/f ... ions_0.pdf
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:10 pm

We found out pretty quickly that my employer does not qualify for the Job Keeper payment, even though they employ hundreds of casuals, many on a full time basis, just at my workplace. And i found out today that i am officially not able to get the dole. Still waiting to be redeployed within the company, if that ever happens.

I really dont know how they expect people to live like this for 6 months without leaving them financially ruined with a credit rating going right down the toilet.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

4liters

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm

On what grounds are they not able to get the JobKeeper payment? Is their turnover not affected enough?
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm
On what grounds are they not able to get the JobKeeper payment? Is their turnover not affected enough?
Correct.

I work for Spotless, which is primarily a cleaning company. But they do still have a large hospitality portion of their business, although there are a lot of us we only make up a small overall percentage of employees.

From what i gather, a lot of the cleaners are still working. But most of the hospitality is shut down.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm

4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:57 pm
It hasn't started yet, businesses can register their interest at this stage though. They haven't released the legislation so everything that has been publicised to date is just the initial proposal so there might be some changes although that is unlikely.

It would be hard for businesses to defraud the plan based on what we know so far because the ATO will be monitoring payments to employees to make sure the $1500 gets passed on to them.

The most likely way it will be abused is through sole traders signing up when they aren't really impacted, but that's probably a fairly minor concern in the grand scheme of things.

One problem is that payments aren't going to start until May so there's a lot of businesses that can't keep paying their workforce until then, and because the subsidy is based on businesses paying their workforce those people will miss out.

Another problem is that a lot of casuals will miss out on it as well because casuals have to have been employed for 12 months to be eligible. People who miss out on Job Keeper will more than likely be able to get the Job Seeker payments although that is $200/wk less than Job Keeper. I guess their thinking is that maybe casuals would be on less money and would be able to get by on the smaller Job Seeker payments. Or maybe they just don't give a rats arse about casuals. I'll go with the latter given early on in the piece one of the ministers came out and said that because casuals tend to get a higher hourly rate they should have saved and been prepared to miss out on months of work.

More info can be found here: https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/f ... ions_0.pdf
Wrong i know people in the same trade as me are getting it

4liters

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm
4liters wrote:

It isn’t even law yet so I don’t know how that could be. Maybe they’re getting it mixed up with job seeker if they’re already receiving cash from the government

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:50 pm

4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 pm
dazz999 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:37 pm
4liters wrote:

It isn’t even law yet so I don’t know how that could be. Maybe they’re getting it mixed up with job seeker if they’re already receiving cash from the government
Or the extra cash through family tax benefit

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:15 pm

My misses go her job seeker approved today,waa bout 3 turn around from when she applied.
N still be geeting family tax benefit
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:59 pm

I’ll be able to retire on the jobseeker if it lasts another 50 years
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Return to “Off Topic Forum”