Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by Bugatti » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:49 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm
On what grounds are they not able to get the JobKeeper payment? Is their turnover not affected enough?
Correct.

I work for Spotless, which is primarily a cleaning company. But they do still have a large hospitality portion of their business, although there are a lot of us we only make up a small overall percentage of employees.

From what i gather, a lot of the cleaners are still working. But most of the hospitality is shut down.
Hi Steveo

Jobkeeper.JPG

You probably are aware and/or are waiting to find out on Monday but does the new fixing of the Jobkeeper problems announced on Friday, work in your favour?
It mentions "entities" under a Parent Company or something are now treated differently. Not sure if that works to help in your situation.

Hope it does :-D

Regards, Bugs

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:39 pm

my understanding the company get,s $1500 a fortnight you must work min 6day,s in that time note this is taxed

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Well this Job Keeper is interesting. My son started an appenticeship in late January this year. He is employed through a government agency and working for a council and the work is regular normal 36 hour week(9 day fortnight). Last thursday he came home and had an email from the agency saying he is entitled to claim the Job keeper payment of $1500 per fortnight and he had a couple of forms to fill out. I rang the Co-ordinator there to make sure it is correct and they said yes. I am not sure how this works as he is still working full time and will now be receiving virtually double his normal wage at the moment. The only thing I can think of is this government department has had funding cut backs more than 30% to qualify.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Well this Job Keeper is interesting. My son started an appenticeship in late January this year. He is employed through a government agency and working for a council and the work is regular normal 36 hour week(9 day fortnight). Last thursday he came home and had an email from the agency saying he is entitled to claim the Job keeper payment of $1500 per fortnight and he had a couple of forms to fill out. I rang the Co-ordinator there to make sure it is correct and they said yes. I am not sure how this works as he is still working full time and will now be receiving virtually double his normal wage at the moment. The only thing I can think of is this government department has had funding cut backs more than 30% to qualify.

This Government Agency, do they also have Chefs and Hairdressers etc etc as Apprentices? Those might have dropped off and hence all of the Agency's Apprentices are eligible ????

OR

Is it a drop in the Council's (as an entity or Second Party) that has made your Son eligible ?

Cheers, Bugs

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:27 pm
Boonanza wrote:

This Government Agency, do they also have Chefs and Hairdressers etc etc as Apprentices? Those might have dropped off and hence all of the Agency's Apprentices are eligible ????

OR

Is it a drop in the Council's (as an entity or Second Party) that has made your Son eligible ?

Cheers, Bugs
No the Council is business as usual as most probably are. The agency has various industries but there are No Hairdressers/Chefs and most from what I can see would still have work as most are Trade/Construction based. I am in the Construction industry and it is more busy now than before covid19.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Actively working full time or not doesn't matter and obviously somewhere along his employment lines meets criteria. So he'll get the equivalent of $1500 gross ($1304 roughly take home) a fortnight in his regular pay schedule regardless of if his pay previous was below that figure. End of each month the government pays the company he's employed at the money back. If he is on more a fortnight his pay doesn't change, the money back from the government is deemed a subsidy to offset part of the cost of his employment

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:49 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:34 pm
4liters wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:14 pm
On what grounds are they not able to get the JobKeeper payment? Is their turnover not affected enough?
Correct.

I work for Spotless, which is primarily a cleaning company. But they do still have a large hospitality portion of their business, although there are a lot of us we only make up a small overall percentage of employees.

From what i gather, a lot of the cleaners are still working. But most of the hospitality is shut down.
Hi Steveo

Jobkeeper.JPG

You probably are aware and/or are waiting to find out on Monday but does the new fixing of the Jobkeeper problems announced on Friday, work in your favour?
It mentions "entities" under a Parent Company or something are now treated differently. Not sure if that works to help in your situation.

Hope it does :-D

Regards, Bugs
Interesting, i havent had an update from my employer for a week or two. And that was only to confirm that we were still not able to get it, but they said they are working with the government to try and sort it out.

Hopefully good news ahead, who knows. I am meant to start at the hospital next week (it has taken weeks to organise), but there is no guarantee of shifts.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:20 pm

cobby wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 pm
Boonanza wrote:
Actively working full time or not doesn't matter and obviously somewhere along his employment lines meets criteria. So he'll get the equivalent of $1500 gross ($1304 roughly take home) a fortnight in his regular pay schedule regardless of if his pay previous was below that figure. End of each month the government pays the company he's employed at the money back. If he is on more a fortnight his pay doesn't change, the money back from the government is deemed a subsidy to offset part of the cost of his employment
Yes I understand that Cobby but I don't like when a family man like SteveoTheTiger has been laid off and isn't entitled to it but a 17 year old kid who is a hard working young kid but still has a full time job is entitled and gets double his normal pay.

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Tough situation here, pre-COID-19 I worked part-time casually at an Australian University located in Victoria while I completed my Bachelors. As an employee I am eligible for JobKeeper, but the University is currently unsure they qualify for the Government assistance. If they are unable to qualify, I am unable to qualify. The proposed $1500 would be significantly higher than my previous fortnightly pay, but in return my post-graduate research project has been indefinitely postponed.

It’s an anxious period for many people right now.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:47 pm

My job seeker is approved Get Paid tomorrow...
Had few interviews, hopefully back working soon.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Off Topic Forum”