Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by Texas » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:39 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:31 am
ango wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm
Yeah, the JobSeeker Payment is worthwhile at the moment. I have never bothered before but now they have doubled the amount to $510.80/fortnight each for a couple. I applied online on the 29/3 and it got approved on 9/4 which is pretty quick. While my super has been trashed and I am also forced to do nothing I might as well get paid for it. Hopefully things will get back to normal pretty quick but I am not optimistic.
Cheers
Ango.
Lucky.

I applied a week before you and was told they would call me on the 9th of April for a phone appointment to discus my case. When it got to the late afternoon with no phone call on the 9th i decided to try and call them. Of course i couldnt get though, so i checked the MyGov site to find that my application had been rejected.. no reason given.

The whole system is a complete joke.
Sorry to hear Steve, but, not surprised
You will need to go to their office in Werribee, to get a definite answer (when they return)
The exact same thing happened to me.
My problem was that I was checking the centrelink section for letters etc
In fact the important stuff is on the "my gov" site itself, not where you would think (centrelink)
Buy the newspaper, say hello to the security guard & wait a couple of hours
Unfortunately that's the easiest way
Good luck
Gra

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:58 am

ango wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm
Yeah, the JobSeeker Payment is worthwhile at the moment. I have never bothered before but now they have doubled the amount to $510.80/fortnight each for a couple. I applied online on the 29/3 and it got approved on 9/4 which is pretty quick. While my super has been trashed and I am also forced to do nothing I might as well get paid for it. Hopefully things will get back to normal pretty quick but I am not optimistic.
Cheers
Ango.
Firstly-- Don't touch your "trashed" super, unless you have no choice
Secondly--- I have passed your details on to the Guinness book of world records, that's unheard of, by centrelink
As bug said, don't fret about taking centrelink benefits
Barmah Pete & myself both worked for 50 years, before we were forced onto the dole.
He's now on the age pension & I transfer to it next month. Hopefully smoothly
Took me 4 months to get the dole so, you're blessed
Gra

Cornacarpio
Has liked: 16 times

Post by Cornacarpio » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 pm

I got 'stood down' on the 25th March, applied for Centi on the 31st, got approved on the 15th April, and now my (possible former) employer tells me I *may* be eligible for the JobKeeper program...
Attachments
Capture.PNG

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:58 pm

They'll need to start paying you fairly soon then in order to be eligible for it. Good luck with it all, it'll be a lot better than Centrelink
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:36 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 pm
rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm
Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm
I am stood down for a month then I get to go back to work for a month whilst the other half of my crew then get stood down. Luckily for me I have enough leave to cover me till December then I will have to use my long service leave. I have been in the same job for 33 years.
My company has publicly stated they will process the $1500 job keeper so the government will subsidise my leave which the company has already put the money aside.
That’s a good thing
Depends on how long this will last. If air travel domestically gets back up in say 12 months international air travel will not return till probably 2022 I could still be doing 1 month on 1 on the on till then. But I will have run out of leave by then and i don’t think the government will keep job keeper going till then. My point is the leave I have used my company already has that money in hand and the $1500 dollars for them is a bonus they could save it and use it when the job keeper subsidy runs out.
But then I am only thinking of my family
Are you serious about no international air travel until 2022?!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:36 pm
Nude up wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:
I am stood down for a month then I get to go back to work for a month whilst the other half of my crew then get stood down. Luckily for me I have enough leave to cover me till December then I will have to use my long service leave. I have been in the same job for 33 years.
My company has publicly stated they will process the $1500 job keeper so the government will subsidise my leave which the company has already put the money aside.
That’s a good thing
Depends on how long this will last. If air travel domestically gets back up in say 12 months international air travel will not return till probably 2022 I could still be doing 1 month on 1 on the on till then. But I will have run out of leave by then and i don’t think the government will keep job keeper going till then. My point is the leave I have used my company already has that money in hand and the $1500 dollars for them is a bonus they could save it and use it when the job keeper subsidy runs out.
[/quote

At the moment there is still some international flights we are flying a330’s empty to Hong Kong carrying only belly freight out of Melb and only I think twice a week. Minimal flights to America the uk and China freight and repatriation.
The rumour at work is that international flying will not return to pre covd19 levels till 2022.
Who will have money or the confidence to fly to another country.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:50 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Nude up wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:
That’s a good thing
[/quote

At the moment there is still some international flights we are flying a330’s empty to Hong Kong carrying only belly freight out of Melb and only I think twice a week. Minimal flights to America the uk and China freight and repatriation.
The rumour at work is that international flying will not return to pre covd19 levels till 2022.
I've got mates whinging about overseas travel being ******. The same people haven't ever seen a wild emu let alone anything else this country has

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Let them go, travel insurance won’t be covering any corona related issues so they’re likely to get fisted if any of them catch it overseas.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:12 pm

I have 4 sisters still in the Uk I don’t think I will be seeing them for a while. 2 of my sisters and a nephew have had covid 19 all recovered. It is no wonder the hardest hit cities are ones with hi density living.
It was my nephew who contracted the virus he works at Manchester airport then passed it on before he got sick.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:37 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:50 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Nude up wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Nude up wrote:
That’s a good thing
[/quote

Wonder if this will help our domestic tourism industry now people cant go to Bali for the price of a dinner

Return to “Off Topic Forum”