Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm

I am stood down for a month then I get to go back to work for a month whilst the other half of my crew then get stood down. Luckily for me I have enough leave to cover me till December then I will have to use my long service leave. I have been in the same job for 33 years.
My company has publicly stated they will process the $1500 job keeper so the government will subsidise my leave which the company has already put the money aside.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm
I am stood down for a month then I get to go back to work for a month whilst the other half of my crew then get stood down. Luckily for me I have enough leave to cover me till December then I will have to use my long service leave. I have been in the same job for 33 years.
My company has publicly stated they will process the $1500 job keeper so the government will subsidise my leave which the company has already put the money aside.
That’s a good thing
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

ango

Post by ango » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah, the JobSeeker Payment is worthwhile at the moment. I have never bothered before but now they have doubled the amount to $510.80/fortnight each for a couple. I applied online on the 29/3 and it got approved on 9/4 which is pretty quick. While my super has been trashed and I am also forced to do nothing I might as well get paid for it. Hopefully things will get back to normal pretty quick but I am not optimistic.
Cheers
Ango.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 pm

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:09 pm
Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:59 pm
That’s a good thing
Depends on how long this will last. If air travel domestically gets back up in say 12 months international air travel will not return till probably 2022 I could still be doing 1 month on 1 on the on till then. But I will have run out of leave by then and i don’t think the government will keep job keeper going till then. My point is the leave I have used my company already has that money in hand and the $1500 dollars for them is a bonus they could save it and use it when the job keeper subsidy runs out.
But then I am only thinking of my family

ango

Post by ango » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Hi Nude up
Are you forced to take leave? Maybe you could have the job keeper payment while it is available and save your leave for later. One thing, it is hard to spend much when all travel is banned, restaurants and pubs are closed, and you can't go fishing and boating.
Cheers
Ango

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:48 pm

Pretty easy to spend when your car battery loses all will to live from lack of decent use....

And still get the 4000 questions and threats when going to pick a new one up........

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:31 am

ango wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm
Yeah, the JobSeeker Payment is worthwhile at the moment. I have never bothered before but now they have doubled the amount to $510.80/fortnight each for a couple. I applied online on the 29/3 and it got approved on 9/4 which is pretty quick. While my super has been trashed and I am also forced to do nothing I might as well get paid for it. Hopefully things will get back to normal pretty quick but I am not optimistic.
Cheers
Ango.
Lucky.

I applied a week before you and was told they would call me on the 9th of April for a phone appointment to discus my case. When it got to the late afternoon with no phone call on the 9th i decided to try and call them. Of course i couldnt get though, so i checked the MyGov site to find that my application had been rejected.. no reason given.

The whole system is a complete joke.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:43 am

ango wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:57 pm
Cheers
Ango.

ango, glad to hear that at least some cards were dealt right for you.

On the Social Security payments, you or anybody else who is legitimately eligible, should never feel bad or feel the need to justify making a claim for any payment that they are eligible for.

It's in the name , , , , "Social Security" , , , , it's Security for Society. It's a Government safety net for Society, taxpayer system like insurance, we all pay through taxes for when anyone in our Society needs it, who falls on hard times.

It's just unfortunate it has a stigma about it because some rort the system.

Regards, Bugatti

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:24 am

My missus was laid off but the company has other sections that are still operating
The job keeper allowance comes into play only if the company looses more than 30%of its normall turnover

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 am

fishnut wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:24 am
My missus was laid off but the company has other sections that are still operating
The job keeper allowance comes into play only if the company looses more than 30%of its normall turnover
For larger companies its 50%.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Off Topic Forum”