Job keeper plan

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Job keeper plan

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:03 pm

I see Aussie disposals has gone into liquidation what with the bush fires then no camping allowed more people sacked.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Now that the government is subsiding interstate travel when the states allow non essential travel domestic tourism will slowly start to recover,

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:03 pm
I see Aussie disposals has gone into liquidation what with the bush fires then no camping allowed more people sacked.
It'll be the first of many, there's going to be quite a few high profile bankruptcies over the coming months I think, and countless small businesses that won't reopen.

As always with capitalism, somebody's crisis is someone else's opportunity so for the people who are able to hang in there it could be quite lucrative in the longer term.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Nude up wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:03 pm
I saw this yesterday. Apparently the store i go to in Werribee is closing and the one in Geelong.

Pretty soon we will be forced to buy online, if you have a job and can afford to buy anything.

Hopefully Hooked On Bait n Tackle is still doing ok.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:10 pm

Me and the wife have tried to buy every thing locally even if it costs a little more to help the local shops and tradesmen. I have been in the Aussie disposal store in Geelong it was always quite right next to kmart

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 am

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:51 am

The article in the Herald Sun today says that anyone who's employer is not eligible for Job Keeper can contact the news paper, with an email address given.

I would like to respond to this with my situation, but i dont want my name appearing in the news paper so i think ill just give it a miss, i doubt it would change anything anyway. 6 Weeks without pay now.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 am
The Jobkeeper payment isnt means tested according to this article

white-collar workers and professionals including lawyers, barristers, accountants, and management consultants waiting for payment
Yeah, if a business applies for it all employees get it, even senior management on 7 figures. Otherwise places would be picking and choosing. One of the clients of the firm I work for is trying to get the payment for himself as an active participant in the business, but not have to pay his two casual employees. He reckons because they're on $200 a week and live at home $1500 a fortnight is too much for them.
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

SteveoTheTiger

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm

4liters wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am
purple5ive wrote:

white-collar workers and professionals including lawyers, barristers, accountants, and management consultants waiting for payment
Yeah, if a business applies for it all employees get it, even senior management on 7 figures. Otherwise places would be picking and choosing. One of the clients of the firm I work for is trying to get the payment for himself as an active participant in the business, but not have to pay his two casual employees. He reckons because they're on $200 a week and live at home $1500 a fortnight is too much for them.
This makes me see red!

$1500 a fortnight doesnt even cover what i normally make, but that is irrelevant as i cant even get a cent of it because of some arbitrary number that the government has pulled out of their arse. While others that dont even need it are totally rorting the system.

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:13 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 pm
4liters wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:56 am
purple5ive wrote:

This makes me see red!

$1500 a fortnight doesnt even cover what i normally make, but that is irrelevant as i cant even get a cent of it because of some arbitrary number that the government has pulled out of their arse. While others that dont even need it are totally rorting the system.
It's not even a rort, this guy makes nothing out of it. All he'd have to do is pay top up payments to his casual workers for April to bring them up to $1500 each fortnight and the ATO would reimburse it all in May. His only problem with it is that he thinks it's too much money for a casual to be getting lmao. It's ok for a business owner to get the full amount though, according to him.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”