NSW kayaker final moments :(

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
re-tyred
Has liked: 375 times

Re: NSW kayaker final moments :(

Post by re-tyred » Thu May 28, 2020 3:38 pm

All I can say is PLB PLB PLB! and don't be scared to use it. We will come and get you and we wont care if you are embarrassed. You will get over that.
If you are out there in anything, and you think, "hell I am not sure I can get home" then call someone and let them know. We are often on standby with people who are having difficulties. First thing we ask is where are you and then we monitor you, if you don't get back to us then we come out looking.
In Victoria now it is standard procedure to call 000 , for assistance on water. IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE AN EMERGENCY. In fact if you call our rescue service number with a breakdown and you are in no immediate danger , you will be asked to call 000, and ask for water police. They then dispatch us if they do not have a vessel available.So I will say it again for ALL on water assistance call 000. The system is set up to work that way. If no phone, call marine radio Victoria on channel 16 VHF.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

Return to “Off Topic Forum”