Ford v Holden

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Ford v Holden

Post by gregmaka » Thu May 28, 2020 8:35 am

Toyota Camry,its 20 years old now,300 000 on the clock, never had a problem,bought it new,i hardly ever serviced it except for an oil change every now and then and brake pads only only once in all of those years.Not to mention V6 power.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 28, 2020 11:17 am

gregmaka wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:35 am
Toyota Camry,its 20 years old now,300 000 on the clock, never had a problem,bought it new,i hardly ever serviced it except for an oil change every now and then and brake pads only only once in all of those years.Not to mention V6 power.

I'm not jumping stables from Fantastic Fords to Toyotas BUT we had, as a second car for a few years, a V6 Holden Apollo (a wide bodied Camry re-badged). They are awesome cars. Just the right size and that V6 has grunt

Cheers, Bugatti , , , , the Apollo has landed :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 28, 2020 11:22 am

meppstas wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Hey Charger A.JPG

Great to hear that you are a Ford bloke Adrian :gj:

And the impressive part is that Charger. They were in a class of their own , , , , "Hey Charger"

Hey Charger.JPG

Hey, Bugatti , , , , doesn't have the same ring to it :(

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am

Texas wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Although I've always wanted to "hot rod" a Hearst, yes for rev head funerals
Everybody said there would be no takers, I disagree.
Cheers Gra

I think that's a great idea Tex :tu:

A Chrysler Royal would look awesome all Hot Rodded up :gj:

Chrysler Royal 1.JPG

Chrysler Royal 2.JPG

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Ima fan of neither, but i love most cars.
growing up in a country where only the rich could afford a motorvehicle, it was only a dream for me to own a car.
the dream soon became a reality when i got to oz and got my licence , the trusty old Holden Astra (Pulsar) was my first car.
i learnt to install a stereo system in it, learnt to do basic maintenance and promptly wrote it off (no fault of mine) from then on it was all japanese pocket rockets
Nissan EXA, Toyota soarer, Toyota MR2, and now a subaru wagon.
in the last 20 years, ive gone from not knowing anything about cars, to doing my own servicing at home and basic maintenance, modifications and the likes.
all with help from youtube and car forums. nobody in my household or anyone i know as family knew anything about cars.

i still turn around and look if i hear a turbo spooling and can usually tell what car it is by just listening to the engine from a distance.

The Toyota GT2000 gets my Vote

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm
growing up in a country where only the rich could afford a motorvehicle, it was only a dream for me to own a car.
the dream soon became a reality when i got to oz and got my licence , the trusty old Holden Astra (Pulsar) was my first car.
i learnt to install a stereo system in it, learnt to do basic maintenance and promptly wrote it off (no fault of mine) from then on it was all japanese pocket rockets
in the last 20 years, ive gone from not knowing anything about cars, to doing my own servicing at home and basic maintenance, modifications and the likes.
all with help from youtube and car forums. nobody in my household or anyone i know as family knew anything about cars.

i still turn around and look if i hear a turbo spooling and can usually tell what car it is by just listening to the engine from a distance.

Some nice "pocket rockets" there purple
Then the twins come along and it's a Subaru wagon (wrx running gear?)
Gra
P.s. had a very quick 65 cortina. It ended up as scrap metal because of an overconfident driver racing a monaro through the black spur

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu May 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 am
Texas wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:03 pm

Although I've always wanted to "hot rod" a Hearst, yes for rev head funerals
Everybody said there would be no takers, I disagree.
Cheers Gra

I think that's a great idea Tex :tu:

A Chrysler Royal would look awesome all Hot Rodded up :gj:

Chrysler Royal 1.JPG

Chrysler Royal 2.JPG
Damn, that would come up great

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu May 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Texas wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:56 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Some nice "pocket rockets" there purple
Then the twins come along and it's a Subaru wagon (wrx running gear?)
Gra
P.s. had a very quick 65 cortina. It ended up as scrap metal because of an overconfident driver racing a monaro through the black spur
Yep the twins ruined my car addiction pretty much.
the Wagon is non turbo, so not anywhere as fun..
Ahh the black spur!! few memories there, i was barely letting my Oversized Turbo on the MR2 spool and you had some old farts with what i can only describe as "we dont give a flying **** about staying alive" in NA model MR2s tearing up the road, i could barely keep up with them.

ben475
Has liked: 161 times

Post by ben475 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:09 pm

Ford.
Grew up in falcons and still have one now.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Sun May 31, 2020 12:06 am

My first car was a 1977 Ford cortina and then a1967 Holden HR and then a1966 valiant 245 hemi,and also XW Falcon. I had to pay wreckers to pick them up when i run them to the ground.If i had a farm and stored them,i probably would have made some good money now. As an 18 year old then i really wanted a SLR 5000 Torana,but could not find one at the time. I got alot of time for old Australian cars.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”