Taking and picking up health workers to their place of work during curfew

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Taking and picking up health workers to their place of work during curfew

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm

I don't usually rant about the govt policies, rules and related stuff related to COVID but today, I ran out of wits. These politicians announced a curfew but did not provide any guidelines or means for the public to get the right information about it. I know people can be outside if working, getting care or giving care. What is the deal when taking someone who provides care to/from her place of work? The Victorian Government website has no contact info.

My wife and daughter are both frontline health care workers. My wife drives but my daughter doesn't. Majority of the times, I take and pick up my daughter to/from her work in Box Hill Hospital. She works night shift and /or afternoon shifts. Meaning I will be driving her to/from work well within the curfew period of 8PM and 5AM. We will not risk using taxi or Uber as many people out there work while infected.

Has anyone seen the rules about the curfew? With no clear guidelines, I believe I am at risk being ***** slapped with a fine.

If I tell my daughter to take her vacations, that will be one essential front line worker out of action. We dont want to do that. She is needed out there.

The acid test will be at 9PM tonight......first trip on the first night of curfew.

If someone has seen any info that will help me with my dilemma, that will be much appreciated.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Taking and picking up health workers to their place of work during curfew

Post by 4liters » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 pm

There was an example they gave during the press conference of someone needing to travel more than 5km to accompany an old person to the shops because they are not able to do so on their own. It's not exactly the same as your situation but it was an example of the commonsense approach they would be asking the cops to take.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:11 pm

4liters wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 pm
There was an example they gave during the press conference of someone needing to travel more than 5km to accompany an old person to the shops because they are not able to do so on their own. It's not exactly the same as your situation but it was an example of the commonsense approach they would be asking the cops to take.
All good and well until you get the one having a **** of a day hell bent on just dishing it out...

FC, if it wasn't already obvious how far removed from the real world and its workings politicians and bureaucrats are it's smacked everyone in the face now.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 pm

I would go to the local police station and try and get some sort of written permission or at least a confirmation about you situation.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Troy McLure
Has liked: 140 times

Post by Troy McLure » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:22 pm

They will have to break it down properly so everyone knows where they stand. Leaving it up to an individual copper to use his or her discretion is going to cause a lot of grief.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 pm
I would go to the local police station and try and get some sort of written permission or at least a confirmation about you situation.
Thanks Bonny. I will be making calls tomorrow but that may be a few hours too late. I will be on the road less than 5 hours from now.

I called the police, they are clueless and that's what scares me. Will they stick to the limited reasons for being out and about and stick it up my a ss when they stop me tonight?

Time to attach a gopro on the passenger side window facing the driver to record potential traffic stops tonight......
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:32 pm

If the wise Jedi FC can't figure this out then how we humble followers will able to ???? :)

Just copy/snap shot of your daughter's photo ID showing her residential address with you when driving/picking her up from her workplace. If get pulled over then show both ID's to prove you all living under one roof and that your daughter needed assistance in getting to and from work. Hope the officer at the time will have some common sense in him/her to not giving you a ticket (Well .. we can all hope!)

Don't forget to take police vehicle rego and police officer name so you could document it in your appeal against the harsh penalty (if any).

We are certainly living in uncharted territory - best of luck wise fella :tu:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Boonanza wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:13 pm
yep that's what i would do, or get something from daughters works that states she cannot drive and is needed for work etc..

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:35 pm

You could also try the covid hotline, they've been pretty good for advice.

Just keep in mind that the people working the phones there and the police as well have probably only just heard of the changes themselves so might not be able to give a detailed answer yet.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm

My wife doesn't drive and often finish late. I take her and pick her up, traveling 25km from/to home.
Logically it should be ok. But just thinking about having the conversation (and possibly arguing) almost every single trip is frustrating.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Off Topic Forum”