Covid Vaccine

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Covid Vaccine

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:28 am

I see now they are recommending Pfizer over AZ for the 50 to 59 YOs because of blood clots now showing up in this group almost as much as the under 50s
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

ango

Post by ango » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am

A couple of days ago I finally had my second Covid jab. Not much reaction to date, only some very slight soreness in the area of the injection. When I looked at the risk of having the AZ jab, I contrasted this with the risk from the anti inflammatory drugs I routinely take due to arthritis and it seems I am about 6 times more likely to die from complications from the NSAID’s. It was not a difficult decision to get vaccinated. I think ATAGI have made some big errors in their evaluation of risk by contrasting the small risk with vaccination against the risk from Covid in a community where it is not prevalent. I see two scenarios. 1) Eventually the decision is taken to cease all restrictions once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated. 2) Covid gets out into the community regardless of the efforts to contain it, this is looking increasingly likely. In either case you would want to be vaccinated.

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:55 am

ango wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am
A couple of days ago I finally had my second Covid jab. Not much reaction to date, only some very slight soreness in the area of the injection. When I looked at the risk of having the AZ jab, I contrasted this with the risk from the anti inflammatory drugs I routinely take due to arthritis and it seems I am about 6 times more likely to die from complications from the NSAID’s. It was not a difficult decision to get vaccinated. I think ATAGI have made some big errors in their evaluation of risk by contrasting the small risk with vaccination against the risk from Covid in a community where it is not prevalent. I see two scenarios. 1) Eventually the decision is taken to cease all restrictions once everyone has had the opportunity to be vaccinated. 2) Covid gets out into the community regardless of the efforts to contain it, this is looking increasingly likely. In either case you would want to be vaccinated.
if a few days have past you are one of the group that wont see the second dose effects.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:37 pm

We had our second injection last week, no side effects at all... :tu:
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:16 pm

Good on you guys :tu:
meppstas wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:37 pm
We had our second injection last week, no side effects at all... :tu:
Did you get Astrazenica, Adrian?

Imagine if one of the side effects is curing back pain! :-D
Then I bet people be lining up for it.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 pm

My take on the covid vaccinations note missus work,s at doctor,s missus had first hit awhile ago az felt warm that night no headache had second hit last week nothing felt fine my mom had the az a while ago felt **** for 4 days had her second hit good as gold i had the pfizer 14 days ago had a minor headache for 24 hours and sore arm no biggy next week second hit of pfizer for me

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Sounds like Gladys (aka The Bin Chicken) is going to commandeer the country's vaccine supplies.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:42 pm

They didn't end up doing that, they've delayed a lot of NSW's allocated second doses in order to bring forward first doses.

They're also suggesting their lockdown could run until October, which would make it longer than ours.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Fully vaccinated with AZ for a few week's now and happy to report no side effects at all

cantevencatchacold
Has liked: 30 times

Post by cantevencatchacold » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Had my second Astra Zeneca jab 7 days ago, pleased to report no ill effects. Good luck everybody.... :vy: With a bit of good fortune, lockdown may be lifted come Tuesday

Return to “Off Topic Forum”