Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
westvic
Has liked: 155 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by westvic » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:50 am

4liters wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 am
This is a long article (but let's face it, no one in the state has anything better to do until Wednesday) talking about long covid:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ecli ... ctitle0013
Abstract

Background

There is growing concern about possible cognitive consequences of COVID-19, with reports of ‘Long COVID’ symptoms persisting into the chronic phase and case studies revealing neurological problems in severely affected patients. However, there is little information regarding the nature and broader prevalence of cognitive problems post-infection or across the full spread of disease severity.

Methods

We sought to confirm whether there was an association between cross-sectional cognitive performance data from 81,337 participants who between January and December 2020 undertook a clinically validated web-optimized assessment as part of the Great British Intelligence Test, and questionnaire items capturing self-report of suspected and confirmed COVID-19 infection and respiratory symptoms.

Findings

People who had recovered from COVID-19, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits versus controls when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group, pre-existing medical disorders, tiredness, depression and anxiety. The deficits were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised (N = 192), but also for non-hospitalised cases who had biological confirmation of COVID-19 infection (N = 326). Analysing markers of premorbid intelligence did not support these differences being present prior to infection. Finer grained analysis of performance across sub-tests supported the hypothesis that COVID-19 has a multi-domain impact on human cognition.

Interpretation

Interpretation. These results accord with reports of ‘Long Covid’ cognitive symptoms that persist into the early-chronic phase. They should act as a clarion call for further research with longitudinal and neuroimaging cohorts to plot recovery trajectories and identify the biological basis of cognitive deficits in SARS-COV-2 survivors.
Ahhhh so it IS the start of the zombie apocalypse

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 am
re-tyred wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:38 pm
Trying to get my head around who is stirring who here. Anyway gave Cobby a day off and edited some of his post. Don't really want to remove all of that or close the thread. People are frustrated about all these lockdowns, that is understandable . Getting angry and insulting each other won't fix it.
lets get back to fishing post.
Mike
You suspended Cobby but not the obvious troll account?

Riiiiiiiight
Nah I did break numerous forum rules and fully expected the ban to come. I'm not that gutless to use a fake second account

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:36 am

cobby wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:58 am
Kimtown wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 am
re-tyred wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:38 pm
Trying to get my head around who is stirring who here. Anyway gave Cobby a day off and edited some of his post. Don't really want to remove all of that or close the thread. People are frustrated about all these lockdowns, that is understandable . Getting angry and insulting each other won't fix it.
lets get back to fishing post.
Mike
You suspended Cobby but not the obvious troll account?

Riiiiiiiight
Nah I did break numerous forum rules and fully expected the ban to come. I'm not that gutless to use a fake second account
Rules are made to be broken mate

I wonder who old mate is anyway, need some ip’s ran @fishvic

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:20 am

5km rule gone
2 hrs limit gone
5 reasons to get out gone
Still no home visits for the next 2 weeks
10 people gathering, wedding etc is 50
No mass gathering such as footy games
Retail and restaurants back open
School is back
Mask still on
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:24 pm

Gyms are open too I think.

You can see they're trying to prioritise getting businesses open over having visitors over which I can understand.

And despite the whinging about locking down over just "a couple of cases" it's pretty obvious that compared to the NSW approach of doing little to nothing for weeks.

Looking at the data about cases obtained via contact tracing you can see why the early lockdown strategy was important. Even though when the lockdown was announced there had only been a handful of cases detected (the green bars), with hindsight we can see that at the time there were heaps more cases that they didn't know about who would have gone about spreading the virus had the rules allowed that.

2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Nice. Time to go on that trip me and the missus had planned! Finally.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 pm
Where are you going?
I'm overdue for trout fishing in the lakes.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Sebb wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:55 pm
Lightningx wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 pm
Where are you going?
I'm overdue for trout fishing in the lakes.
We meant to go to Merimbula but that was cancelled and then planned for Venus bay and that was cancelled as well but now finally we can go 😊

Master Baiter
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Master Baiter » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 pm

A lot of people don't abide by the rules anyway. Today when it is legal to fish the Lake no one has been fishing in lock down there were people fishing every day and not locals they fish out of site.
Always take a good look at what you are about to eat. It’s not so important to know what it is .but it’s critical to know what it was.
Wally 20/6/20

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:18 pm

I’m hearing rumours of another possible snap lockdown???………

Return to “Off Topic Forum”