Waited 30+ years for my first mulloway! What a night!!!

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
kaotay

Re: Waited 30+ years for my first mulloway! What a night!!!

Post by kaotay » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:37 pm

30 years in the making... Congrats! I heard of a guy who is chasing a mulloway because his dad couldn't get one in his lifetime and that's what he asked his son to do for him, as his dying wish.

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 am

Oh mate, a huge well done.

What a milestone !!

barbarian

Post by barbarian » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:38 pm

barra mick wrote:
Giovanni wrote:Jarvis walker is the good Kmart gear that they barely stock anymore! Now it's all generic sports fisher crap that fails every time. I'd be surprised if they ever got anything. Good work on the mull!
times 2....I just two classics from a market.

A bonnie doon and the jarvis walker special...15 bucks each

Cheers bm

Oh great fish btw !
Yep! I have visited 3 Kmart stores recently and I noticed that they stock alot of Sportsfisher gear and very little Jarvis Walker gear now. I have never tried the Sportsfisher rods and reels so I really don't have any idea about their quality. By the way, I meant "bang for your buck" when I was talking about the cheap stuff I bought at Kmart with respect to the Shimano reel and Jarvis Walker rod. They have lasted years and I have been really pleased with the gear. I have had lots of enjoyable captures on this combo and Jarvis Walker rod and reel budget combos as well :) Reel-wise, the little Shimano FX200FA metal reel seems to have lasted heaps longer than the Jarvis Walker Vector VTR350 reels in those Jarvis Walker rod and reel budget combos. Of the three VTR350 reels, two are no longer functional :(

Great fishing everyone :)

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”