CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

Jewfish, Jewies, Soapies, what an awesome fish to target!
durasovic

CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

Post by durasovic » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 pm

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
g'day guys, just started hunting malloway. if anyone knows what would be a good combo what type of reels to use, rod size etc. i'd be looking to spend $$600-800 and want to be capably of pulling in anything round the 15-25kg range. i spoke i spoke to the bloke at BCF ballarat road and he said to go onto a forum and speak to the experts if anyone could help me it would be greatly apprectiated. i know live mullet is the go but because iam new to this type of fishing i need good gear to even attempt to bring the suckers in.

cheers.

Fish-Hunter

Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME??

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am

Are you fishing in a boat ? or Land based ? Daiwa Saltist 6500H reel i'd highly recommend , i use one & they are awesome . Rod can be any rod thats capable of handling the line class , height of rod will depend if fishing in a boat or L/B .

durasovic

Post by durasovic » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:19 pm

yeah iam fishing off land at the moment. but in the near furture i'd like to use it on a boat aswell. you dont recomend spending alot on the rod aswell? or just get somthing thats half decent that can hold the weight?

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 pm

durasovic wrote:yeah iam fishing off land at the moment. but in the near furture i'd like to use it on a boat aswell. you dont recomend spending alot on the rod aswell? or just get somthing thats half decent that can hold the weight?

I can recommend Silstar Crystal Blue Power Tip series to you mate , CB-1002SFM 10’ surf series 8to12kg will do the job nicely . :thumbsup:

Return to “Mulloway Fishing”