Keeping our 'Trading Post' section friendly!

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
Kev209

Re: Keeping our 'Trading Post' section friendly!

Post by Kev209 » Fri May 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Sounds good to me

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri May 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Sounds pretty good to me

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri May 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Rod Bender wrote:What do members think?
BOOOOOOO. You suckkkk...
I can has some profits from sales :Blah:

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Sounds fair Jim!

Some things to consider...
Are there any exclusions of what can be advertised?
Should serial/rego numbers be included in ads for certain items? Eg. Cars, boats, guns, etc.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri May 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Mishachief wrote:...................................................................................................

possibly delete old posts after a month too?? so the Trading Post is always with current things.

and frivolous junk messages should go too(meaning idle commentary etc), so you dont have to troll through heaps of messages that are really not related.
We lock threads after they are finalised. Sometimes an old thread will be dragged up by someone...if it is still for sale then good luck to the person. We may look at removing 'ancient' threads.

Removal of 'junk messages'...good idea! Some members may comment on an item, "good reel mate, can't afford it but good luck on the sale". I don't mind this and it actually 'bumps' the thread for the seller, but if members start having conversations on FS threads, yes it should be removed!
barra mick wrote:If there ripping people off then they should be told they are

Bm
Yes...but everyone has a different idea of what 'ripping people off' means. Then it usually ends in a shitfight! :) 'Report' the post and it will be dealt with. The fact that 'newcomers' can not sell here will reduce the amount of problems I believe.
seephil wrote:...........................................................................................................................................
Maybe add under selling, updates. I know some members do this already but for those that don't know or are new. "Sold pp" or "on hold"... etc
I dunno, just thought it might contribute to the sticky.
Yes...I will add this in.
drew 2 wrote:caveat emptor
I'm not a legal guru but 'buyer beware'? Add this onto the guidlines or should sellers put this in their post? :dontknow You have to remember drewbie I am a simpleton! :)
Redhunter wrote:.........................................

Some things to consider...
Are there any exclusions of what can be advertised?
Should serial/rego numbers be included in ads for certain items? Eg. Cars, boats, guns, etc.
Good question! Should any thing be excluded. Don't think we have had any firearms up for sale...could they legally be sold here? If they can, what details would have to be provided? Cars...a guess but legally must have rego number or VIN number if advertised? as for boats,I have no idea...what details would be required if selling online?
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Fri May 29, 2015 8:35 pm

If ads are for free, does the site have any legal obligations with certain items, or are special clauses required? I dunno mate.

Firearms can only be transferred from one licence holder to another, with the aid of a gun dealer to sign off and lodge the specific firearm permit. (A permit needs to be applied for and paid for prior to this). I'm unsure if simply "advertising" the item would be an issue though.

There are also laws involved with owning/purchasing crossbows, of which are separate to firearm laws. I believe you need to be in a club or something, but I'm unsure of the exact laws.

Long bows or compound bows can be owned and used by anyone. That I do know.

What about age of sellers/buyers when it comes to knives?

In this day and age you need to be careful, and ensure you dot your "i", and cross your "t". Too many flogs out there who will sue, before actually working for a living...unfortunately.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri May 29, 2015 8:43 pm

I may talk to the owner of Trellys TW next time I see him! They are licensed gun dealers. Can't see it being a drama as there have been no firearms offered before. If it is complicated...then no sales of firearms. You are right...we need to be covered.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

SparkyUK

Post by SparkyUK » Fri May 29, 2015 9:28 pm

sounds good, pics are a must (clear pics only). Also when sold or removed, post it has gone.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Fri May 29, 2015 9:36 pm

disclaimer that fish vic takes no responsibility for a transaction or sale entered into on this forum. it is between the buyer and seller.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Basti wrote:disclaimer that fish vic takes no responsibility for a transaction or sale entered into on this forum. it is between the buyer and seller.
Agree, good point

Return to “Classifieds”