Boat

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Boat

Post by Kimtown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:39 am

The guy sent his ID after I requested it. Stalked FB and found a seemingly legitimats Facebook profile. So messaged him asking if he were the potential buyer of a boat. Awaiting response

I'm tipping this Facebook user is the victim of identity theft though, so I'll be sure to make him aware of that.
Last edited by Kimtown on Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 am

Unless I missed something, your ad doesn’t actually say what size the donk is. Probably worth including that info. Good luck with the sale. It’s a hard time to sell anything from what I’ve noticed, people are stretched pretty hard right now (and I don’t see it getting any easier any time soon). New car sales are way down; retail is dying a horrible death, house prices are up but only on thin volumes. It’s a lovely, new looking boat and would likely suit a new buyer but you may have to offer a deep discount to get it to move in you’re in any sort of hurry.

If the boat or motor still has warranty and it’s transferable then you might want to mention it too. Second hand boats and motors have a bad reputation for being expensive duds (often deserved), a warranty might help convince someone to take the chance rather than buy new.

I dont know what they sell for new but they are offering all sorts of very cheap finance for new boats and the same isn’t available for used. Total cost of ownership for both may be similar if finance is involved and you may need to sweeten the deal to get people over the line.

The offer from a mine guy is 99% a scam, I’ve seen it a few times already personally. Just ignore it unless it’s cash. Definitely do not do a paypal! Actually don’t even do a bank transfer as they steal someone’s identity and banking credentials, make the transfer and get the boat then the real account owner discovers the transaction and gets their money back as it was fraud. Leaving you with no boat and no money. Seriously, who buys a boat in a different state, sight unseen, full price and gets a courier? Not only that but boats are most expensive in Victoria of all the states.

It’s a personal decision to sell the boat to get married, I hope you made the right call. I personally saw way too many mates have their lives and dreams destroyed by their ex’s and the horrible Australian law is rigged against blokes. It scared me off the idea of marriage and kids for life. At least I have fishing to do in all my spare time and to spend all my extra money on.

Good luck and best wishes.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:51 am

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:30 am
yepi'mon wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:02 am
5 pages deep and I'm still surprised that no one has questioned how Kimtown found someone who wants to marry him.....
Not sure wtf you're talking about mate? She is the perfect woman who loves me for who I am...

And just because she has extremely poor vision, hearing and also no sense of smell doesn't mean she isn't perfect either.
She sounds like the kind of woman who could walk the ban hammer line with the best of them.

Well done son, everyone deserves to be happy.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 am

yepi'mon wrote:
5 pages deep and I'm still surprised that no one has questioned how Kimtown found someone who wants to marry him.....
He's living proof that size doesn't matter and that Mitsubishi Tritons are chick magnets

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 am

Mattblack wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:22 am
yepi'mon wrote:
He's living proof that size doesn't matter and that Mitsubishi Tritons are chick magnets
Nothing can frighten a Triton. Honestly, the best car I've owned and mines 11 years old

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:47 am

Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
Surely there must have been something that attracted you to him?

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:49 am

skronkman wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 am
Unless I missed something, your ad doesn’t actually say what size the donk is. Probably worth including that info. Good luck with the sale. It’s a hard time to sell anything from what I’ve noticed, people are stretched pretty hard right now (and I don’t see it getting any easier any time soon). New car sales are way down; retail is dying a horrible death, house prices are up but only on thin volumes. It’s a lovely, new looking boat and would likely suit a new buyer but you may have to offer a deep discount to get it to move in you’re in any sort of hurry.

If the boat or motor still has warranty and it’s transferable then you might want to mention it too. Second hand boats and motors have a bad reputation for being expensive duds (often deserved), a warranty might help convince someone to take the chance rather than buy new.

I dont know what they sell for new but they are offering all sorts of very cheap finance for new boats and the same isn’t available for used. Total cost of ownership for both may be similar if finance is involved and you may need to sweeten the deal to get people over the line.

The offer from a mine guy is 99% a scam, I’ve seen it a few times already personally. Just ignore it unless it’s cash. Definitely do not do a paypal! Actually don’t even do a bank transfer as they steal someone’s identity and banking credentials, make the transfer and get the boat then the real account owner discovers the transaction and gets their money back as it was fraud. Leaving you with no boat and no money. Seriously, who buys a boat in a different state, sight unseen, full price and gets a courier? Not only that but boats are most expensive in Victoria of all the states.

It’s a personal decision to sell the boat to get married, I hope you made the right call. I personally saw way too many mates have their lives and dreams destroyed by their ex’s and the horrible Australian law is rigged against blokes. It scared me off the idea of marriage and kids for life. At least I have fishing to do in all my spare time and to spend all my extra money on.

Good luck and best wishes.
It says it's a 70 and i have said it was recalled under factory warranty but yeah I should probably mention it's all still under warranty right now. Good call, ill change that. Thanks!

It's not like I just ordered a a mail order bride and have no idea what I'm getting into lol. We have been together a long time and the knot it getting tied. Don't really need the advice of a fishing forum in that regard but thanks anyway lol

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:56 am

cobby wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:45 am
Mattblack wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:
Nothing can frighten a Triton. Honestly, the best car I've owned and mines 11 years old
Toughest engines and best value for dough in the class

All my mates are like "bUt MuH sR5 Hilux!!"

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:15 pm

So the guy who's identity had been compromised replied and said I was around the 200th person to contact him and ask if it were legit

Lol poor bastard.

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:49 am
It's not like I just ordered a a mail order bride and have no idea what I'm getting into lol. We have been together a long time and the knot it getting tied. Don't really need the advice of a fishing forum in that regard but thanks anyway lol
I didn’t mean to be offensive or offer advice on getting married. I was more just agreeing with you that it’s each individuals personal choice and responding to the other parties who commented on it. I apologise if I came across that way. I was actually just needlessly justifying my own situation as my train of thought wandered off the subject of selling boats. Again, all the best for your future.

Return to “For sale”