Selling some gear

New topics can only be created by Premium Members in the Classifieds.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Selling some gear

Post by 4liters » Sun May 17, 2020 7:35 pm

I've been looking at my collection of fishing gear and made the call that anything I haven't used in the last 18 months has to go. It's all been pretty well looked after and most hasn't actually been used that much. A lot of this gear I bought with boat fishing in mind, either trolling for tuna or soaking baits in WPB. At the time I was going out reasonably regularly with a former FV member, however he since sold his boat and I'm doing almost all my fishing out of a kayak now.

All of these can be picked up in Geelong - I'm working from home for the moment so I'm very flexible with times. I'm happy to consider posting some items but I have no idea how to manage that in a way that protects both parties as second hand sales are a great opportunity for scammers.

Shimano Charter Special TR 2000/ Fin Nor Lethal 6' 12-15kg boat rod. Spooled with 50lb Rovex colour change braid.

$100

This was a combo I got for gummies etc in the deeper parts of WPB. Never been out on the yak because probably the worst thing you can do for a level wind is go kayak fishing. I also prefer spinning reels on the yak because they are a bit more versatile in my view. The reel is in good condition, as is the rod. The rod is glass, nothing fancy but solid as a rock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fin Nor Biscayne FBT 50

$30

Never used, I got this with either trolling or ballooning baits in mind but it never ended up even getting put on a rod. Only thing I've used it for was turning braid over for a couple of other reels. You could probably fit around a kilometer of 40lb braid on this which would make a pretty good sharking setup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penn 330 GT2 reel / Fin Nor Lethal 6' 12-15kg boat rod. Spooled with 50lb Rovex colour change braid.

$80

Another solid WPB combo that I've only used a couple of times. Works well, just a bit dusty from lack of use.

Penn 330 GT2 reel

$50

Unused reel apart from turning braid over. There's some braid on it at the moment that I'll remove before selling as it's only 12lb or something that I took off another reel and never got around to doing anything with.

Fin Nor Ahab 16 with 30lb Rovex D8 braid.

$50

This one might suit a collector although it still works perfectly well and like all Fin Nor reels this is very solidly built. These were never bought into Australia in huge numbers but it caught my eye because of the old school aesthetic it has. Interestingly it comes with a cork drag washer which I believe was all the rage before felt and carbon become commonplace. The drag is unbelievably smooth. I've used this a few times off the beach for gummies but it's been well cared for and never dropped in the sand.

6. Sold!
Assorted hardbody lures

$125

I got most of these when I was fishing offshore regularly from a boat. I don't really like trolling large bibbed lures behind the kayak because a couple of deep divers really slows you down. I've found plastics to be easier (and cheaper!) to use on the kayak so it's time to move these on. Some have been used but most have not seen water. I have changed out the trebles to Decoy single hooks on a number of them.

I don't really want to split these because selling the inevitable leftovers will be a pain. There's some really good lures and a couple that are a bit agricultural.

Edit: I caved in and split a few out for a mate, I've dropped the price of the remaining ones accordingly.

1* River2Sea Killer Vibe Mahi Mahi colour
1* River2Sea Doggie (DG08)
1* Rapala Xrap Magnum 40 Lime Light UV colour
1* Rapala Xrap Subwalk 15 Blue Sardine
1* Rapala Xrap Magnum 15 Glass Ghost
1* Rapala Xrap Magnum 15 Blue Sardine
1* Williamson Speed Pro 130 Deep Red Head
1* Williamson Speed Pro 130 Deep Blue Sardine
1* Halco Roosta Popper 135 (This was originally in the King Brown colour scheme but I've painted it black to create a better silhouette when seen from below - I've named this colour scheme Black Coq)
1* Halco Max 130 Pilchard
1* Halco Max 130 Yellowfin
1* Halco Skim Stick Dorado
1* Halco Laser Pro 120 Pilchard
1* Matzuo Kinchou Minnow Chrome Blue Orange Belly
1* Matzuo Kinchou Minnow Threadfin Shad
1* Matzuo Kinchou Minnow Tiger Perch
2* Tsunami Super Poppers
1* Tsunami Super Minnow 120 blue sliver
1* Kamakaze Octopussy
Last edited by 4liters on Thu May 21, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

4liters

Re: Selling some gear

Post by 4liters » Mon May 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Here's some more stuff that needs to go:

Garmin Striker 5 - head unit only

$80

I had this on my Slayer but I've recently upgraded to an Echomap. Unfortunately the power cable and transducer are glued into the kayak and can't be removed but transducers and cables to suit these are readily available from marine dealers etc. It's been well cared for, I've sprayed down the terminals with Lanox after each trip to ensure there's no corrosion. I still have the box with the mounting bracket.

8. Penn Squall 50VSW / Fin Nor Lethal Offshore Stand Up 50lb spooled with 50lb mono

$250

This combo has been out on the boat just a couple of times, the only action it's seen was pulling the face off a sub-10kg tuna once. It's currently rigged for shark fishing. The rod has ring guides with a roller tip, which has been regularly sprayed with Lanox to keep it spinning freely. They aren't imported any more but they used to retail for more than $200. Other than being a bit dusty from lack of use it's in perfect condition. I think i still have the box and tool for the bolts used to attach the reel to the rod.

9. Watersnake inflatable PFD

$20

Hasn't been serviced for a couple of years so you'd need to have it looked at before it's legal, otherwise almost brand new condition as I've only used it a handful of times.

Last edited by 4liters on Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm

How much for the velvet slippers?

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm
More than you can afford. They'll be in Aldi again at some point if you're keen on a pair.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon May 18, 2020 2:12 pm

4liters wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:09 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:07 pm
More than you can afford. They'll be in Aldi again at some point if you're keen on a pair.
Will pay extra for used ones (asking for a friend)

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Mon May 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Ah the old "pipe dream/just in case I do that type of fishing" style purchase sell off! I've got some gear bought under those circumstances I should get rid of as well...

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Mon May 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Nice colleciton of hardbodies. I'm oversupplied unfortunately, good deal though.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon May 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Those lures are a good deal for someone who is starting out.
Good luck with the sales..

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 18, 2020 3:43 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 2:26 pm
Those lures are a good deal for someone who is starting out.
Good luck with the sales..
I did end up splitting a handful out for someone, I've updated the list and the price accordingly.

$125 for the lot now

4liters

Post by 4liters » Mon May 18, 2020 4:09 pm

The hardbodies are all sold now

Return to “For sale”