Kingscraft kayak

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Kingscraft kayak

Post by mazman » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 am

Been a long time since I've looked at one of them but from memory they have the same well as the old hobie models (no secondary support/alignment pin). So that is a potential option but tbh I would be more inclined to just try and find a second hand hobie if thats how you want to go because it will be a significant hull upgrade and the drives alone are typically rather expensive
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Kingscraft kayak

Post by 4liters » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:49 pm
4liters wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:37 pm
Seniorfisho wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:15 pm
4liters wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:31 am
Dunno if a Watersnake would fit into that drive well
You have to take the head of the motor off and feed it through the bottom, I reckon it would fit, take some measurements, you never know, seems a shame to waste the kayak. You could try and heat up some pvc pipe and try to plug the hole and just paddle
Yeah but then it would be stuck there, which limits your options transporting it on land without breaking something.
I reckon an 8lb or 24lb would fit in that gap, it's just a matter of making a mould that will hold the motor stable, just throwing out some options. He would be able to use it even without anything in there, would that be right?, it wouldn't sink it?
Yeah it won’t sink without a drive in there, assuming the hull is in decent condition. I’d be testing it for leaks before doing anything too adventurous with it though because they weren’t especially well made.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Kayak Fishing”