Kayak Equipment (anchor)

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Kayak Equipment (anchor)

Post by Brett » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 pm

4liters wrote:Yeah, I've been meaning to do something similar. The problem is my current set up requires the anchor rope to go through a clip on the anchor trolley which is normally set near the stern and I'd have to unclip it to detach the anchor. I can pull it forward so I can reach the clip but that is fiddly and takes time, not the sort of thing I need to deal with when a huge fish is going apeshit on the end of a line.

It'll take 5 minutes to change the way you set the anchor, to the way cheater does it and it is easy as **** to let the anchor go in a hurry then, one handed and all.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:03 pm

I'll check it out next time I run into him, I think our set-ups are pretty similar already though. The issue is pulling the trolley alongside me, there is no way to avoid that afaik and doing that in a way that doesn't turn me side on to the current will be tricky.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 pm

I had that red grappling hook "Kayak anchor kit" from BCF and found it to be useless in wind or current also, so I use a 1.5KG galvanized one that cost me $20 from my local fishing store and is working well.

Return to “Kayak Fishing”