fishing through the new year

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

fishing through the new year

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Well it was the last trip of 2019 and the first for 2020 and a change as I normally just sleep through New Years

Leejo and Myself got to watch the fire works from Mosquito Channel hunting Westernport silver unicorns and it was a nice quite night on the water with very few boats around
we launched around 8 pm with around an 11 pm low tide
no luck on the Jews but it was a good night for cat sharks and PJ sharks and if they weren't stripping baits fast enough the sea lice were helping them out greatly

I did pick up a nice ling and returned one gummy that would have been 85ish cm over all , an eel and probably 4 or 5 of the PJs same for the Cat Sharks

around 12.30 in the new year I was running out of bait both of us figured we had feed enough rubbish so we pulled the pin

top night on the water from the breeze though the day that dropped right out not long after dark

so thats the way we spent New Years Eve - so getting to bed at almost 4 am new years day was a slow start ( no hang over though ) so I did a quick run down to Coronet Bay for a couple of hours chasing Whiting 4 pm - 6 pm and came away with 6 from 32 to 38 cm and returned 3 or 4 under that 32 cm cut off I normally set myself
it was a little bumpy around 6 pm and the Whiting were still biting but I didn't what to stay to late - work tomorrow
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Kayak Fishing”