Pro Angler - getting to launch

McDuff

Pro Angler - getting to launch

Post by McDuff » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Im looking to upgrade my Hobie 11 Revolution 2nd hand, up to something a bit bigger now I know Im hooked on the yak fishing. Thinking second hand PA14 or the new Passport 12, or new Outback.

The question I have and been unable to find is about launching them : I have to drag my Revo 11 across about 300metres of path, and then , 20m of sand into the water , lucky enough to live that close to a sandy beach. I can lug the Revo just fine on the big sand wheels cart.

I know its dumb - but anyone got any experience of how much harder it is to drag/launch the PA or Outback compared to the Revo 11 - weight wise, there is about 10k extra in the boats, but Im thinking with the wheels that cant be that much of a difference. Anyone got a PA14 that they lug + launch :) ?

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Pro Angler - getting to launch

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:51 pm

McDuff wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 pm
Im looking to upgrade my Hobie 11 Revolution 2nd hand, up to something a bit bigger now I know Im hooked on the yak fishing. Thinking second hand PA14 or the new Passport 12, or new Outback.

The question I have and been unable to find is about launching them : I have to drag my Revo 11 across about 300metres of path, and then , 20m of sand into the water , lucky enough to live that close to a sandy beach. I can lug the Revo just fine on the big sand wheels cart.

I know its dumb - but anyone got any experience of how much harder it is to drag/launch the PA or Outback compared to the Revo 11 - weight wise, there is about 10k extra in the boats, but Im thinking with the wheels that cant be that much of a difference. Anyone got a PA14 that they lug + launch :) ?
they are all heavy but a good set of sand wheels will help -
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: Pro Angler - getting to launch

Post by Sebb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:48 pm

I know passport is light but its low hull and not as good to fish compared to outback or PA. But yeah outback and pa are heavy.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Kayak Fishing”