Egi Rod for boat use recomendations

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Re: Egi Rod for boat use recomendations

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Fri May 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 am
Hi all,
I know there is a bit of debate whether or not Egi Rod's are a marketing ploy to get us to spend more money, but I'd like to get a rod specifically for targeting squid from a boat (mainly because I like the idea of it sitting in the rack rigged & ready to go). Anyone have an opinion on what I should be looking at? ($100-$200 budget)
P.S. I liked the sephia bb, but it seems too long to be using from a boat
I also picked up an egi rod for the exact same reason as you.. so that i would have it there at all times, ready to go when needed. I am pretty sure mine is a Shimano Quickfire Egi 7'6" which i find great from the boat, easy to make lots of casts and nice fish with for an extended time. They usually go for around $100.

As far as the egi specific thing goes, i always have a squid rod for each person on the boat ready to go. Mine is the egi rod and the other two are servo special Jarvis Walkers that were probably no more than $50 for a combo. There is definitely no difference in the hook up and catch rate between the 3 rod setups. But the more expensive setup is definitely nicer to use.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”