Alvey spinning reels !

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Alvey spinning reels !

Post by hornet » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:43 pm

https://alvey.com.au/search/orbiter/

ICONIC Australian reel manufacturer, Alvey, has announced the launch of the new Alvey Orbiter range of spinning reels.
Following a two-year research and development program to expand its range of products, Alvey is aiming to bring the best products to the market in Australia and overseas.

The new Orbiter range of spinning reels currently has 4 models, SR60, SR80 SR100 and the SR200.

The Orbiter range feature black and gold colouring and boast some impressive features such as 9+1 stainless steel ball bearings, 5.8:1 gear ratio, excellent line capacity, oversized machined handle knob and smooth gearing. Alvey also says, the drag strength on these reels is incredible.

Technical specifications

9+1 Percision Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
Aluminium Body & Aero Rotor Technology
Reinforced Carbon Macromolecule (RCM) Rotor
Dual Colour Anodized Aluminium Spool With CNC Machine Cut Holes
Laser Engraved Spool Lip
Left / Right Interchangeable CNC Machine Cut Anodized Aluminium Screw-in Handle
CNC Machine Cut Andoized Aluminium Power Handle Knob
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Main Shaft
CNC Machine Cut Brass Pinion Gear
Reinforced Die-Cast Zinc Main Drive Gear
Xtreme Tournament Carbon Disc Drag (XTD) System
Infinite Anti-Reverse System
Thick Bail-Arm System
Gear Ratio: 5.8:1
Alvey says, these are a must for Alvey brand lovers and spinning reel enthusiasts.

Available for pre order at Alvey Authorised Retailers or on www.alvey.com.au now and in store December 2019.

Pricing ranges from $199 to $289.

He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Alvey spinning reels !

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Been in testing for abit and only came out december last year https://www.fishingworld.com.au/new-pro ... nning-reel .

Also they are comming out with something again this year that will hit the american market hard if successful there.

hint hint Image

also fly reels Image

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:53 pm

I was just having a geez at their website and found the SURF 65CVX... $899!!??

They look pretty cool but who would pay that money for an alvey reel with so many other hard core offerings in that price range on the market?

Anth

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:53 pm

They look pretty cool but who would pay that money for an alvey reel with so many other hard core offerings in that price range on the market?

Anth
It costs them alot to make that reel hence its high price as its aluminium and not resin.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:10 pm

saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:

Anth
It costs them alot to make that reel hence its high price as its aluminium and not resin.
I know it's not cheap to machine but it's not that expensive especially when mass producing.

Someone i know owns a company that has cnc machines and makes bridges for dental implants out of Titanium and i know for a fact it doesn't cost that much.

What my question is, who is going to pay $899 on a reel made for dropping in the sand or soaking baits off the rocks?

saph

Post by saph » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:17 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:10 pm
saph wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:58 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:

Anth
I know it's not cheap to machine but it's not that expensive especially when mass producing.

Someone i know owns a company that has cnc machines and makes bridges for dental implants out of Titanium and i know for a fact it doesn't cost that much.

What my question is, who is going to pay $899 on a reel made for dropping in the sand or soaking baits off the rocks?
Ive played with one on a public day they held and trust me you will baby the reel when fishing so it wont be dropped in sand or soaking baits you activly use it

Also thats small amounts of titanium used not big chunks of metal.

As for who would pay for a reel like that? a few people since it can hold 20 pound line meaning you can fight sports fish with it.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Bayrock » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Nice spinning reels. Send a few to the shark and ray anglers in south africa.. we’ll soon see if they stack up

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 pm

hornet wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:43 pm

ICONIC Australian reel manufacturer, Alvey, has announced the launch of the new Alvey Orbiter range of spinning reels.
Following a two-year research and development program to expand its range of products, Alvey is aiming to bring the best products to the market in Australia and overseas.

The new Orbiter range of spinning reels currently has 4 models, SR60, SR80 SR100 and the SR200.

The Orbiter range feature black and gold colouring and boast some impressive features such as 9+1 stainless steel ball bearings, 5.8:1 gear ratio, excellent line capacity, oversized machined handle knob and smooth gearing. Alvey also says, the drag strength on these reels is incredible.

Technical specifications

Laser Engraved Spool Lip
Thick Bail-Arm System
Alvey says, these are a must for Alvey brand lovers and spinning reel enthusiasts.

Available for pre order at Alvey Authorised Retailers or on www.alvey.com.au now and in store December 2019.

Are they made in Australia? Their website says sidecast reels are made in Australia which seems rather specific. Also I reckon they missed a trick by not making them with a sealed body (I assume they'd have mentioned that in the list of specs if it was the case), that would've gone well with the 'tough as nails' Alvey reputation.

Is 'carbon macromolecule' the new marketing speak for carbon fiber?
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:16 am

4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 pm
hornet wrote:

Technical specifications

Laser Engraved Spool Lip
Thick Bail-Arm System

Are they made in Australia? Their website says sidecast reels are made in Australia which seems rather specific. Also I reckon they missed a trick by not making them with a sealed body (I assume they'd have mentioned that in the list of specs if it was the case), that would've gone well with the 'tough as nails' Alvey reputation.

I'll bet it's made in China....I'm sure if someone has the time they'll find it on Alibaba somewhere...https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fs ... shing+reel

saph

Post by saph » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:41 am

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:16 am
4liters wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:26 pm
hornet wrote:

Technical specifications

Laser Engraved Spool Lip
Thick Bail-Arm System

I'll bet it's made in China....I'm sure if someone has the time they'll find it on Alibaba somewhere...https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fs ... shing+reel
i can bet you its not made in china for nearly 200 dollars for even the small one.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”