Shimano or Miller Finesse Bream Rod

MR_GEE
Has liked: 4 times

Shimano or Miller Finesse Bream Rod

Post by MR_GEE » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Hi,

I recently bought a Shimano Stella FJ 1000 reel and was trying to identify a premium quality finesse rod in the Shimano or Miller range. This would be a land based bream outfit and casting soft plastics and hard body lures of between 3 to 5 grams. Can anyone suggest something suitable in either of these brands.

Cheers,

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Re: Shimano or Miller Finesse Bream Rod

Post by mazman » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Theres nothing in the Shimano range thats comparable to the Miller's in quality. Zodias is the closest they come but I'd definitely go for a miller over them. As an allrounder I would have a look at an xflc, if you just want to roll the hards and predominantly fish sp the grubfreak is good, twitch freak is great on the hardbodies but not the best with plastics, doesnt set the hook too well.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Purple five put on to a diawa drunken monkey can get them for about $100 on special very happy with them

MR_GEE

Post by MR_GEE » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:20 pm

mazman wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:08 pm
Theres nothing in the Shimano range thats comparable to the Miller's in quality. Zodias is the closest they come but I'd definitely go for a miller over them. As an allrounder I would have a look at an xflc, if you just want to roll the hards and predominantly fish sp the grubfreak is good, twitch freak is great on the hardbodies but not the best with plastics, doesnt set the hook too well.

Hey Mazman,

I've going to go with the Miller Production XFLC (I've actually got one ordered) and now I'll also look towards a Grubfreak.

Thanks for the help,

MR_GEE

Post by MR_GEE » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:55 pm

sandef wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 pm
Purple five put on to a diawa drunken monkey can get them for about $100 on special very happy with them
Thanks Sandef, I appreciate the assistance.

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”