5ft6 1-3/2-4kg spin rods

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Re: 5ft6 1-3/2-4kg spin rods

Post by russellh2 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:24 pm

Re Ebay search // used 5'6" rod //// As well as 1-3Kg rod - Plenty to review.

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:19 am

Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:20 pm

BCF is doing $99 Abu Veritas. Says there's 5ft4in 2-4kg.

https://www.bcf.com.au/p/abu-garcia-ver ... 36722.html
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:23 am

Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 pm
The shakespear I got from Anaconda about a year ago, it was given to me by the guy who works there because I bought 2 Sedona 2-4kg rods and they both broke at the tip. They didn't want to refund me so the great guy from the fishing section at Hoppers Crossing gave me the wild series for free and I'm glad he did. I also bought a Daiwa Dmax3 baitcaster reel from wish for about $35 and I took out one the magnets and I am able to cast 1/28 jig heads and sx40's with it in conjunction with the UL rod, absolutely magnificent. I think the wild series rod was part of a combo and it is actually 2-6kg but is very light weight and sturdy, great for the kayak.
Wish have a lot of 165cm graphite rods, the only thing is the reel seats could be better quality but they certainly do the job, I tested my UL baitcaister and rod last week at Melton on the carp and caught about 10 carp to 2kg, the outfit worked great.
Is this the combo? https://myrtlefordsportsandtoys.com.au/ ... 9870951556 If yes, how does it handle flicking light SPs and HB's? I'd be looking to use it for trout, reddies, EP, bass etc.

And that mod to a regular baitcaster seems genius to get a bfs reel for cheap! Do you still have the deep spool on and is it any more prone to birdsnesting?

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 798 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:55 am

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:23 am
Seniorfisho wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:42 pm
The shakespear I got from Anaconda about a year ago, it was given to me by the guy who works there because I bought 2 Sedona 2-4kg rods and they both broke at the tip. They didn't want to refund me so the great guy from the fishing section at Hoppers Crossing gave me the wild series for free and I'm glad he did. I also bought a Daiwa Dmax3 baitcaster reel from wish for about $35 and I took out one the magnets and I am able to cast 1/28 jig heads and sx40's with it in conjunction with the UL rod, absolutely magnificent. I think the wild series rod was part of a combo and it is actually 2-6kg but is very light weight and sturdy, great for the kayak.
Wish have a lot of 165cm graphite rods, the only thing is the reel seats could be better quality but they certainly do the job, I tested my UL baitcaister and rod last week at Melton on the carp and caught about 10 carp to 2kg, the outfit worked great.
Is this the combo? https://myrtlefordsportsandtoys.com.au/ ... 9870951556 If yes, how does it handle flicking light SPs and HB's? I'd be looking to use it for trout, reddies, EP, bass etc.

And that mod to a regular baitcaster seems genius to get a bfs reel for cheap! Do you still have the deep spool on and is it any more prone to birdsnesting?
Yes, that's the rod, it's fine for casting light lures as long as you use light line. With the baitcaster, it's more about the rod than the reel. It's still the deep spool but I fill it with mono and only have about 50 to 60mtr of 6lb braid on top of it. you really need the UL rod because it's the backswing and rod that does all the work for you, casting a baitcaster is all in the motion, never try and force the cast. I don't get many birdnests unless i try and use too much force when casting. I'm waiting on another baitcaster from wish which i purchased for $30, it is a shallow spool and it will work a treat with the shallow spool

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:13 pm

I pulled the trigger on the ugly stik carbon 562 2-4kg which it's casting range is 2-7g, so should hopefully be light to hold but have a bit of backbone while being flicky for light lures. Link to rod specs below but actually bought from Dinga on sale for $109 + free and quick shipping as always from them.

https://www.anglerswarehouse.com.au/pro ... _rod_20283

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Looks like a good rod
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”