DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Spooling my sienna

Post by DougieK » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:39 am

e.welch wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:16 am
DougieK wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:04 am
Could spool with 12lb Tasline for that much. The 50lb on my expo came off my old Gosa and is nearly 4 years old now. The 20 on my strad came off my bio and is 3.5 years old and both spools are absolutely fine.

Use the calc to figure out how much you need and order it by the metre from Frank. There is not a more versatile / durable line on the market. Just make sure when you spool it it goes on really, really REALLY tight and drill the hell out of your FG knots.

https://www.bustedfishing.com/product/t ... the-metre/
bit late now but if i do spool my surfrod i will definetly use tasline seems like its way better to do it that way.
Whichever line you went with, still make sure you spool it super tight. Like as tight as you can possibly get it.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Re: Spooling my sienna

Post by e.welch » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:12 am

DougieK wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:39 am
e.welch wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:16 am
DougieK wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:04 am
Could spool with 12lb Tasline for that much. The 50lb on my expo came off my old Gosa and is nearly 4 years old now. The 20 on my strad came off my bio and is 3.5 years old and both spools are absolutely fine.

Use the calc to figure out how much you need and order it by the metre from Frank. There is not a more versatile / durable line on the market. Just make sure when you spool it it goes on really, really REALLY tight and drill the hell out of your FG knots.

https://www.bustedfishing.com/product/t ... the-metre/
bit late now but if i do spool my surfrod i will definetly use tasline seems like its way better to do it that way.
Whichever line you went with, still make sure you spool it super tight. Like as tight as you can possibly get it.
yep

Return to “Fishing Rods & Reels”