Tasline

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Tasline

Post by DougieK » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:38 pm

As a few of you know i've had issues with braid pretty much forever. Surf and rock spinning, in particular with metals puts some pretty extreme pressures on your gear and line is something i'd never really managed to get right. It's a fine balance between a thin line that casts well and a thick line that is durable.

I have been using 35lb YGK super jigman x8 because it's extremely low diametre means casting even a light slug is effortless, which is a great benefit in long spin sessions with heavy lures. The problem is if it so much as touches a bommie or the ledge you're fishing when it's under pressure, it breaks instantly. I've had issues with it digging in and snapping casting, and wearing out dragging through the sand at Gunnamatta. It's difficult to tie knots in and sometimes seems to wind knot for no reason at all.

I bit the bullet and switched to busted fishing's Tasline elite. I had one little wind knot on about the ninth cast, and other than that it performed flawlessly over about 30 hours of spinning lures up to 100g. I cannot really be happier with it and will eventually be respooling the rest of my spin gear with the stuff. Absolutely perfect.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Tasline

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:27 pm

is that the same diameter as the other one you were using or is it heavier? Either way it sounds like you gave it a pretty good workout for a good result
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:02 am

Tasline is the best braid I have used.

I highly recommend it.

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:is that the same diameter as the other one you were using or is it heavier? Either way it sounds like you gave it a pretty good workout for a good result
It is thicker diameter wise compared to the ygk.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Thicker. I literally spun 60 to 100g lures for 30 hours
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”