Gliss

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Gliss

Post by DougieK » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:45 pm

JS270 wrote:https://youtu.be/AKq6z1oSm5w

Have started using it for distance casting and find it good in the slightly thicker breaking strains , I have put the 11 kg high vis on my reels and getting very impressive distances with it. Durability will be an issue that I will be able to comment on later on but initial test have been interesting :water:

Are you fishing with it or just casting JS? Hope you're feeling better.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:07 am

JS270 wrote:https://youtu.be/AKq6z1oSm5w

Have started using it for distance casting and find it good in the slightly thicker breaking strains , I have put the 11 kg high vis on my reels and getting very impressive distances with it. Durability will be an issue that I will be able to comment on later on but initial test have been interesting :water:
Schrader, long time no speak mate! It's great to see you're still a casting freak. Have never seen anyone cast as well as you mate, it certainly is impressive. Every time I hear the song "foot loose", it brings back memories of you and your young bloke, who probably isn't all that young nowadays. Let's see how good your memory is....Remember a certain fella who used to catch up for a fish with you and the lads several times a week, (without giving too much away), some years ago, who used to drive a red vn ss? Have you beaten Greg's record yet? I doubt he ever topped that. Best I've seen hit the deck. You blokes still hitting it up nowadays?

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:40 pm

DougieK ,

Haven't fished with the line yet as just testing it out for some level line comps that I have coming up in September up at Port Macquarie. I have a few spools of the lighter stuff that I will put on some of my smaller reels and see how it performs on the fish but that will be in a few weeks as just getting over a few health problems.

Redhunter ,

PJ is now a dad himself and that makes me a granddad :a_goodjob: Haven't been chasing the big fish for a while as got caught up with the casting and going overseas with the good lady . Also work has been quite hectic with the announcement of the closure and that means I will retire when we do.

Haven't seen the boys for a very long time either as they all started having kids and getting caught up with the family side of things , so just been doing my own thing and relaxing , will start to chase Greg's record once I finish working so I can fish when nobody is about though in a lot of areas that is now not possible.

Regards :water:

skronkman
Has liked: 4 times

Post by skronkman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:39 pm

I can now report back that is total crap. Had a quick flick for a squid of Flinders pier today. Being the genius I am i forgot to bring my jigs so I bought a cheapy from the local store. The gliss is rated to 8kg and held an fg knot to 15lb fluorocarbon perfectly. On my 6th or so cast I touched the bottom and got a snag so I gave e the rod a few whips, nothing crazy, just those couple of while you have a fresh snag to see if it will flick free before getting serious on it. The gliss snapped between the first and second guide on the rod. Upon inspection the gliss was frayed in many places. I've been using this real (fk stearic) and my egi rod weekly with my. Chinese special 8 ply braid in 14lb without any breakages for 6 months. I've double checked my guides and spool for nicks and found none. This stuff is total garbage, although it does cast beautifully. Steer clear.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for the update mate :thumbsup: I'll stick to the ones I know.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:45 pm

At least you only lost a cheap jig. Your experience sounds pretty similar to other stuff I've read about it.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”