Which flurocarbon leaders are the best?

MattypVic

Re: Which flurocarbon leaders are the best?

Post by MattypVic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

I have been using Jinkai,
Though I haven't really tried others so might have a go of something different soon just to see what difference there is

Dave1

Post by Dave1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:34 pm

yer theres a lot of different leaders out there some you pay top dollar for it and still your not happy with it.
BIGGER THE CHALLENGE THE BIGGER THE FISH

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 am

I use Jinkai mono leader & nitlon fluro.
Also use a bit of Berkley Vanish, SunLine FC Rock, & I agree that the Linesystems stuff is great - just don't have heaps of it at the moment so I'm using other stock at present.

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

poodoo wrote:I use black magic and sunline FE rock.....

I also use black magic. Expensive, but good stuff.

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm

PLine Shinsei ... been good to me so far .. except last couple of weekends when fishes decided to go on an extended holidays!!! :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

ecofreak

Post by ecofreak » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:54 pm

I think that before you start calling any particular fluorocarbon the best it should be tested to see if it is actually real fluorocarbon, a lot of the lines mentioned are actually hybrid lines being sold as fluorocarbon, cigerette lighter and singe the end of the line, if its black its fluoro, if its clear and black its hybrid line and if its clear its mono and labeled as fluoro.

Then it come down to what you are going to be using it for, all lines come in various grades of hard to soft, color or clear and stretch or not. Once you decide what you are going to be using it for then start looking at lines.

For me I only use 2 fluoro's for squid, bream and estuarine and half a dozen for offshore stuff.

For squid and bream it only depends on the water clarity, if clear I use Gosen egi fire leader a soft stretchy true fuorocarbon and if its dirty I use Sunline shooting camo as its various tints break up in dirty water.

Work out why you need it before deciding on buying it.
Regards Paul Carter
Gan Craft Pro Staff
http://www.egikuma.blogspot.com

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:15 pm

ecofreak wrote:I think that before you start calling any particular fluorocarbon the best it should be tested to see if it is actually real fluorocarbon, a lot of the lines mentioned are actually hybrid lines being sold as fluorocarbon, cigerette lighter and singe the end of the line, if its black its fluoro, if its clear and black its hybrid line and if its clear its mono and labeled as fluoro
That's really interesting Paul. I just went and grabbed the 2 closest lines I had at hand. 12lb linesystem super egi fluoro on top and Asari pearl 8lb mono on the bottom. Here's the pic after singing them.

Dave1

Post by Dave1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Paul what kind of leader brand do you recommend for surf and rock fishing?
BIGGER THE CHALLENGE THE BIGGER THE FISH

ecofreak

Post by ecofreak » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 am

To be honest Dave1, you dont want Fluoro for rock or surf, line is too hard and does not stretch enough In the conditions you are fishing I am sure your concern is not so much whether the line will sink or not or if it will be less visible. With the sand and rock your line will be rubbing stretching scratching etc. Jinkai mono is probably better suited to that sort of application or momoi by highcatch. It is very abrasive resistant stretchy so therefore forgiving in the conditions.
Regards Paul Carter
Gan Craft Pro Staff
http://www.egikuma.blogspot.com

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

ecofreak wrote: ...............lighter and singe the end of the line, if its black its fluoro, if its clear and black its hybrid line and if its clear its mono and labeled as fluoro...........
So I singed my Daiwa TDR 'fluro'and it was clear with a black tip. So is this what you would call a 'hybrid' line? If so, it is obviously not as good as the real thing?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Hooks, Line & Sinkers”