Strike Tiger sp problems

Bugatti

Re: Strike Tiger sp problems

Post by Bugatti » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm

April Fool wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:50 pm
Croe...what fish do you chase with the tiger plastics?

Bug...alugs, sometimes I have trouble with Gulp in their own bags!!!! The older style packaging meant that some of the tails would kink and they would not straighten. Regardless of how sealed the bag is after opening, the fu**ers still leak. They will dry out as you have found if left outside of their bag. But they do catch fish!
Cheers
Team Bender
Took an extra minute to write this post cos hot detective chick from Budget Direct ad made an appearance!

You are a legend Jim :a_goodjob:

Your mention of hot detective chick , , , , well look what came up on my phone as an ad when I first read your post

Jimbo.PNG

Next time can you ask for a hot naked chick pleeeeeeeeeease :-D

Cheers, Bug , , , , bowing to April Fool

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:37 am

happyfriggincamper wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm
Thanks croe for the advice. I did a little googling and couldn't find any reported issues regarding spinnerbait skirts, so still interested to hear if anyone has first hand experienced issues (or no issues) with storage of skirts and zmans.
They melt the skirts too.

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am

Damn, thanks everyone. I was building out some spinnerbaits in prep for next cod season and had some zmans planned for trailers. They woud have sat dormant in my tackle box for a few months, so not gonna go the zman trailer path unfortunately as they are great SPs

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am
Damn, thanks everyone. I was building out some spinnerbaits in prep for next cod season and had some zmans planned for trailers. They woud have sat dormant in my tackle box for a few months, so not gonna go the zman trailer path unfortunately as they are great SPs
Just pop a bit of the skirt you were planning to use in with a zman or part of a zman and see if it reacts, some do some don't. I know some gangster lures spinnerbaits come prerigged with zmans and so do tackle tactics froggerz and neither of those have any issues with skirts/plastics melting from touching each other.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Sorry Croe for sort of high-jacking your thread, but i thought id share ive done what Mazman suggested with a range of SPs and skirts on an elaztec zman sp.

Any ideas of a possible window of time i should be expecting to be able to see a reaction to the zman if there is gonna be one...? Reckon a month should be enough to know if the plastic/skirt is fine with the zman?
rps20190626_213434.jpg

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:03 am

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:52 pm

Sorry Croe for sort of high-jacking your thread

but i thought id share ive done what Mazman suggested with a range of SPs and skirts on an elaztec zman sp.

Any ideas of a possible window of time i should be expecting to be able to see a reaction to the zman if there is gonna be one...? Reckon a month should be enough to know if the plastic/skirt is fine with the zman?

experiment.PNG

I don't call it hijacking , , , , I call it adding to a thread :thumbsup: .

I sure do love an experiment. Would be nice to hear on the results if you can, be interesting to see what does and what doesn't react

Cheers, Bugz

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:33 pm

Cheers bug - will share, just no idea how long would be needed to see results or be confident im in the no-melt zone.

happyfriggincamper

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:41 pm

As an update - all the skirts are fine and all the plastics showed signs of melting after the first week. After two they had taken the color of the zman on and had a thick "gel" where they were in contact with the zman. So i wont be mixing sps and ill be sticking with zmans exclusively for spinnerbait and chatterbait trailers. None of the common brand names in the test but plastics for those interested were:

Savage gear
Whatever the generic brand at Decathlon Sports is
Some dude from ebay who makes em
No name aliexpress

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:01 pm

I keep all my plastics separate, as in Zman with Zman, Gulp with Gulp, Strike Tiger with Strike tiger.. The plastics are all made up of different chemicals and react with one another. Also keep the plastics away from things like the wings on a Tiemco cicadas or Cranka Crabs, they will melt or discolor the wings and legs of these lures.

Regards the Gulp plastics drying out, Gulp are a different plastic all together and absorb the liquid they are in which gives them the scent, Once this drys out, so does the plastic. You can fix this by putting all your gulp plastics in the screw top container they provide with the liquid or what i have done before is add a bit of tuna oil into the bag they come in which keeps them from drying out. Don't leave them on jig heads because they go very hard and are a ball breaker to get off.

Cheers, Anth

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”