GULP Sandworm bait fishing?

Mr Fourex

GULP Sandworm bait fishing?

Post by Mr Fourex » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Sorry dumb question but.. Can I use Gulp sandworms on a running sinker and just use them like I would any other bait on this setup to catch Bream in the local Creek?

I have tried other soft plastics with no luck whatsoever, however I found out that my setup was not even slightly suitable for lure fishing with soft plastics.. I have set my rod back up the way I had it originally with a running sinker (sinker on rod side of swivel) and am wondering if I could put the gulp sandworms onto my hook and bait fish with them?

Thanks.

EDIT: Turns out I’m a baitfish now.. Cool.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Re: GULP Sandworm bait fishing?

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Mr Fourex wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 pm
Sorry dumb question but.. Can I use Gulp sandworms on a running sinker and just use them like I would any other bait on this setup to catch Bream in the local Creek?

I have tried other soft plastics with no luck whatsoever, however I found out that my setup was not even slightly suitable for lure fishing with soft plastics.. I have set my rod back up the way I had it originally with a running sinker (sinker on rod side of swivel) and am wondering if I could put the gulp sandworms onto my hook and bait fish with them?

Thanks.

Why can't you use bait?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes .
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 pm

I'm no expert on fake bait, but, I believe there're scented
If that's case, no problems, except they don't wriggle
Good luck with your quest
If you can get them, real is better
Cheers Gra

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Mr Fourex wrote:

Thanks.

Chuck some garden worms on

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 pm

I've tried this sh!t for sand whiting on the NSW Sth Coast for naught; as with all Gulp bags of stink, it leaked in my tackle box so I turfed it. Agree with the rest, real bait is best; earthworm is a great substitute for sandworm and plentiful.

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Mr Fourex wrote:

Thanks.

How long you been fishing for?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Fishbref wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:24 pm
I've tried this sh!t for sand whiting on the NSW Sth Coast for naught; as with all Gulp bags of stink, it leaked in my tackle box so I turfed it. Agree with the rest, real bait is best; earthworm is a great substitute for sandworm and plentiful.
That's because they're designed as a biodegradable lure. They're not supposed to be used as a bait substitute.

ango

Post by ango » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi,
I have caught KGW and Yellow eye mullet on them, but only when they are on a hot bite. I have also caught bream on other SP's when fishing for flathead so I think it should work. Probably you will need to retrieve them very slowly with the occasional twitch and pause. Use the lightest sinker you can get away with and a long leader, FC would be best.
Cheers
Ango.

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”