Has liked: 42 times

Re: Weedless rigging soft plastics

Post by wem21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:38 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 pm
wem21 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:46 am
Hi guys,

I'm looking into weedless rigging my plastics, and I'm wondering if doing so affects your catch rate with fish? If not, what disadvantages/advantages does it have over normal jigheads? then what size worm hook should I use in a 2.5 inch plastic?

Cheers
what is your final outcome/expectation with trying to fish like this?
Keep weed off the hook/plastic, catch fish

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm

wem21 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:38 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 pm
wem21 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:46 am
Hi guys,

I'm looking into weedless rigging my plastics, and I'm wondering if doing so affects your catch rate with fish? If not, what disadvantages/advantages does it have over normal jigheads? then what size worm hook should I use in a 2.5 inch plastic?

Cheers
what is your final outcome/expectation with trying to fish like this?
Keep weed off the hook/plastic, catch fish
i would only use this method if im constantly loosing tackle.
if its just weed, then im afraid it wont fully cure the problem, you will still get weed on the weedless rig at the leader join end, albeit a lot less
the potential to loose more fish due to not hooking up properly will be the biggest downfall.

if you really must then try the decoy nail bombs, they have a built in weight so you can still cast the lure properly

Davco19
Has liked: 43 times

Post by Davco19 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:21 pm

Been using the snakelockz ones for some time now and have had absolutely no problems with hookups. Even salmon winding fast when I spot them and no time to change. Great for flatties and other bottom feeders being hinged the zman plastics will stand up when not moving imitating a feeding fish or grub. Hook size is very important and the shank needs to be around 6-7mm outside the plastic. Will post a photo if I can work out how.

Seniorfisho
Has liked: 797 times

Post by Seniorfisho » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:07 pm

I can tell you one thing and that they are not snag less, It's more designed for catching American Bass where they have much heavier line and they litterally drag the plastics through the weeds, I have tried it quite a few times and it still collects weed

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”