good tackle shops tasmania

tommyp

good tackle shops tasmania

Post by tommyp » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi all
The wife and I are leaving for Tassie on Sunday and I was hoping somebody might know a good tackle shop in Tassie im going to be based in Burnie but im going to be doing a bit of touring around so im hoping the guys in the tackle shops might share some of the local knowledge such as lures bait and ideally locations ,
cheers Tom :thumbsup:

ratbag

Re: good tackle shops tasmania

Post by ratbag » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey Tom, try the guys in launceston, there are 3 - fly fishing shop in town, round the corner is a lure/general tackle store and Tamar marine just out of town on the river. I've found them all helpful when I'm over there. Should be some great fishing! Good luck
quid est quod eum

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Tom,
When in Burnie call in and see the guys in Tackle World & Outdoors (formerly tassie tackle)www.tassietackle.com.au at 37 Wilson St, Burnie. They have a very good variety of tackle etc and will give you some good advice on where to fish. Also ask them for some Angler's Access Brochures so you can see where and what rivers and lakes are accessable. You can also purchase a trout license there as well. The Angler Access is a program that was done by the Inland Fisheries with the consent of landowners an several rivers around the state and this has made it much easier to gain access to the rivers. The rivers are running very high here at the moment due to the large amount of rain over the past few weeks. Hope you enjoy your stay here and bag a few fish. There's also plenty of Salmon being caught along the coast and sea run trout are starting to show up in the rivers as well. In Ulverstone there is Ultimate Tackle in Reiby St and in Devonport: Devonport Bait & Tackle, Forbes Road & Mountain Design in Rooke Street. But I reckon you'll get most of what you'll need in Burnie.
cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

tommyp

Post by tommyp » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Awesome thanks Adrian
cheers Tom

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”