Fishing shop Melbourne

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Fishing shop Melbourne

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:41 pm

I always find Southern Sportsfishing in Black Rock to be the best price wise..
598 Balcombe Rd
Black Rock VIC 3193
Addicted to fishing since 1973

fishsticks

Post by fishsticks » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:48 pm

try and find a good independent store like noel clarkes, there is ones in coburg and brunswick too just near the train line, although the price may be higher you may get some good knowledge from the workers there and this in turn could help you catch more fish.

although ebay does kill it sometimes, 1 blue fox spinner in melbourne is 9-11 dolars and on ebay i can get 12 of them for 15 dollars in the size and pattern i want.

same with berkley gulp, i find nothing more frustrating than going to every tackle store in my area to find they only stock the crappy patterns im not after for 10-14 dollars. i have a contact on ebay that can get me any colour, any pattern for 4$ a pack and next day delivery. its pretty unbeatable.
In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone. –Ray Bergman

sekken

Post by sekken » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks to all of you :clap:

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:34 am

What Fishsticks said.
I use Total Tackle in Rosebud, and the staff there are cool, they really look after you, and give great advice. Price wise they can`t beat ebay, (who in retail can..?), but I get the vast bulk of my gear there anyway. They`re local for me, they always have good tips on fishing spots, and they look after me price wise, `cos I`m a regular. What I`m trying to say is exactly what fishsticks alluded to, find a good local store, then frequent it, you`ll build up a good relationship with them, and they will no doubt look after you.
Carl..

poodoo
Has liked: 2 times

Post by poodoo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:46 am

I go to the complet angler in box hill, same as what Carl has said, being a regular they look after you price wise. If I'm travelling to the US on work then I'll grab soft plastics and some other gear there as they are dead cheap, you can get gulps for 3 bucks a packet.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 pm

the problem ive found with the cheap ebay surf rods is the weight. i have bought 2 surf rods from fishing fever that are great rods with okuma reals. nice and light and casts and retrieves beautifully. and its a bonus that the okuma reels have a lifetime warranty. i bought one other surf rod reel combo from kmart that was only 50 dollars it works ok but its a lil heavy and i got a 16 foot surf combo from trash and treasures with a silstar reel and its really heavy too, so it makes for a more difficult cast, but they are still good roods i have caught plenty of fish on all of them. just the lighter graphite rods cast much better and dont wear you out as quickly with the casting

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”