Team Megabass.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Team Megabass.

Post by cobby » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:42 am

April Fool wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am
Interesting happenings as according to Facebook, there will be 2 Megabass pro dealers here in Shepp! Another store has posted that they are the newly appointed dealers! Time will tell.
Cheers
Team Bender
The truth is out there!!!
B&M + TW?

bradp
Has liked: 42 times

Post by bradp » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:54 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm
What does "Pro Megabass Dealer" mean? Hopefully it's not at the expense of diversity.
Im not brand loyal but have found megabass make good lures. Is John Cahill the distributor?
I'm pretty sure it just means they will stock/be able to get all their stuff.

Yes Ebb tackle is the distributor of Megabass. I was at the DC round of the central Vic lure casters and was speaking to the other guy who owns Ebb tackle along with John Cahill, I can't remember his name, he was fishing the comp, and he was showing me the megabass stuff and the Lew's baitcaster reels they import. Man... Bloody beautiful stuff and not as pricey as you'd think for the quality.

Cheers, Anth
Just to clarify.
Ebb Tide Tackle is not the distributor of Megabass, Viva Tackle of which John Cahill is associated with is the distributor.

The other guy involved with Ebb Tide Tackle is Andrew Smith.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:36 pm

April Fool wrote:

Cheers
Team Bender

AF.PNG

Cheers, Bugatti

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 pm

April Fool wrote:
Interesting happenings as according to Facebook, there will be 2 Megabass pro dealers here in Shepp! Another store has posted that they are the newly appointed dealers! Time will tell.
Cheers
Team Bender
I have a Mega Bass swimbait..... Does that count......
Jed

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:59 pm

cobby wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:42 am
April Fool wrote:
Cheers
Team Bender
B&M + TW?
Yes!

Jed, which swimbait have you got? For the record, unless you invest in at least $5000...you can have no claim to Team Megabass fame! Unless you do what some others likely do....catch a fish on bait...remove bait hook and attach desirable lure then approach company for sponsorship. I have an even better plan to show how deadly these lures are. I am going to buy a large fish fillet, pin a lure where the head was and then send it off to the company asking for sponsorship! May do this with about 20 different lures and companies although to save time I may shove all the lures on at once!
Cheers
Team Megabender

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:32 pm

April Fool wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Unless you do what some others likely do....catch a fish on bait...remove bait hook and attach desirable lure then approach company for sponsorship.

I have an even better plan to show how deadly these lures are. I am going to buy a large fish fillet, pin a lure where the head was and then send it off to the company asking for sponsorship! May do this with about 20 different lures and companies although to save time I may shove all the lures on at once!

Cheers
Team Megabender
Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:22 pm

but I'm sure people have caught a fish on a certain lure and said they caught it on something else to push a product..

I've always kept a level head when it comes to fishing and the gear used. I don't get caught up in all the hype of the new baits or gear that catch the "big fish". I'll usually look for lures or gear myself and go off what they actually do, not what some pro fisho says.

You have to understand that there is a lot of money in fishing tackle sales and people will say anything or push whatever to get a piece of the pie. It's business after all..

Cheers, Anth

Just connecting two posts on separate threads, as they make the same point.

Who remembers Paul from I Fish, catching a Snapper on a Spanner

spanner 1.PNG

spanner 2.PNG
spanner 2.PNG (173.09 KiB) Viewed 2499 times

Well, that was 2010, with the opening in South Australia of the Snapper season (after State wide closure) at arguably the best spot in Australia to catch BIG Snapper , , , , Arno Bay. You could have put a hook on a Mitsubishi gearbox and caught a Snapper that day at that Reef/Wreck

You fish any "Honey Hole" with anything you are bound to catch.

As Sin says, make up your own decisions not from people who have a financial interest in what they say. There are great guys with immense knowledge (like Truedogz etc) to listen to before a "salesman" entices the sale.

Cheers, Bug , , , , the new Sydcrome Dealer for the gullible Fisherman

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Foot note:

That Wreck , , , , the Santa Anna , , , , and a fair few more have a wide area closure on it for a year now. Plus many other varied closures in addition to those.

That's how bad the Snapper in SA have got to.

Cheers, Bugga - ed Snapper in SA

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm

April Fool wrote:
cobby wrote:
April Fool wrote:
Cheers
Team Bender
B&M + TW?
Yes!

Jed, which swimbait have you got? For the record, unless you invest in at least $5000...you can have no claim to Team Megabass fame! Unless you do what some others likely do....catch a fish on bait...remove bait hook and attach desirable lure then approach company for sponsorship. I have an even better plan to show how deadly these lures are. I am going to buy a large fish fillet, pin a lure where the head was and then send it off to the company asking for sponsorship! May do this with about 20 different lures and companies although to save time I may shove all the lures on at once!
Cheers
Team Megabender
I have a Vatalion . Spent what ever the cost was (cant remember or have chosen to forget in the wife asks) . then had to upgrade the hooks and split rings as the hook they come with are not Murray cod worthy.
So you are going to do what others do by pinning the sponsored lure of the month to a fish that you caught... I was going to mention names but will play nice ha .
I may be looking for fishermen to use my lures in this way HA :rofl:
Cheers
Jed

jedgpz

Post by jedgpz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm

The magdraft looks good....

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 pm

jedgpz wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:09 pm
April Fool wrote:
cobby wrote:
April Fool wrote:
Cheers
Team Bender
B&M + TW?
Yes!

Cheers
Team Megabender
I have a Vatalion . Spent what ever the cost was (cant remember or have chosen to forget in the wife asks) . then had to upgrade the hooks and split rings as the hook they come with are not Murray cod worthy.
So you are going to do what others do by pinning the sponsored lure of the month to a fish that you caught... I was going to mention names but will play nice ha .
I may be looking for fishermen to use my lures in this way HA :rofl:
Cheers
Jed
No need to play nice it’s pathetic behaviour. Have heard of a nomad designs angler doing this.

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”