Have a $100 BCF Voucher - What would you buy?

fishaholic
Has liked: 23 times

Have a $100 BCF Voucher - What would you buy?

Post by fishaholic » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 pm

G'day crew,
I have just been given a $100 BCF Voucher from my brother as a gift - What should I buy?
Are these new Daiwa Revros reels any good?
https://www.bcf.com.au/p/daiwa-revros-l ... a&start=21

I have an old Stradic Ci4 that's making an awful grinding noise on the retrieve, so could go a new reel. (not sure how to fix it)

What would you guys do with $100 at BCF? :notworthy:

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Have a $100 BCF Voucher - What would you buy?

Post by Texas » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm

I'd give it to a Texas Ranger
Pull the reel apart and give it a good clean, oil and grease.
Give the rest as above
Cheers Cordell

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm

For me - id get one of the berkley landing nets that are around the $80 mark! Waiting for them to go on special, could do with $100 gift card tho haha

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 pm

I have never been a big fan of gift cards

It's taking a perfectly good $100 that can be used anywhere anytime , , , , and makes it only work at one specific place and with a used by date now on it.

BUT, I have subsequently been convinced that they are a good gift, because (using yourself fishaholic as an example) the Brother has given it to you, for you to get something for yourself and something that you might not have otherwise got for yourself. I am a sentimental, keep sake kind of guy, so I would get the reel. Definitely get the reel as it is a splurge and a treat for you , , , , as your brother would have wanted :thumbsup:

Texas wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm
I'd give it to a Texas Ranger
happyfriggincamper wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm
could do with $100 gift card tho haha

Plus, I was going to put my hand up for the card myself BUT with my predecessors, my greedy predecessors, that would amount to (me being the sharing kind) only $33.33 each for Tex the Ranger, happy f camper and myself.

Not sure which of the two options you might go for fishaholic and to be honest, I don't think I've put up a convincing argument for sharing, so the reel it must be

Cheers, Bugs , , , , $33.33 dollars richer (well, nice to be optimistic :-D )

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:46 am

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 pm
I have never been a big fan of gift cards

It's taking a perfectly good $100 that can be used anywhere anytime , , , , and makes it only work at one specific place and with a used by date now on it.

BUT, I have subsequently been convinced that they are a good gift, because (using yourself fishaholic as an example) the Brother has given it to you, for you to get something for yourself and something that you might not have otherwise got for yourself. I am a sentimental, keep sake kind of guy, so I would get the reel. Definitely get the reel as it is a splurge and a treat for you , , , , as your brother would have wanted :thumbsup:
I used to think the same bug - depends on the circumstances but when people are on an satisfactory wicket and spend a gifted $100 on things like the elec bill, doesnt make as a gift for the ages or impact for the giver.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:59 pm

fishaholic wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 pm
G'day crew,
I have just been given a $100 BCF Voucher from my brother as a gift - What should I buy?

I have an old Stradic Ci4 that's making an awful grinding noise on the retrieve, so could go a new reel. (not sure how to fix it)

If the grinding noise is on the retrieve it could just be the line roller which is an easy fix. Take it out, give it a clean and re grease and put it back together. That $100 can go to some new line and lures!

Cheers, Anth

saph
Has liked: 4 times

Post by saph » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:14 pm

I would go check what i need and buy based off that.

If it were me i would get a new rod i want and after that i would look at my terminal tackle and get more: hooks, swivels, sinkers, leader line (where i am is snagg plaza) in the sizes i use.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:35 pm

I have pretty much stocked up on most thing but if I had a free $100 voucher I would probably grab a couple of 25 packs of gama hooks, and a new spearing/flounder light for the warmer months later this year. Would probably have to add a bit more to that 100 :)

fishaholic
Has liked: 23 times

Post by fishaholic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:59 pm
fishaholic wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 pm
G'day crew,

If the grinding noise is on the retrieve it could just be the line roller which is an easy fix. Take it out, give it a clean and re grease and put it back together. That $100 can go to some new line and lures!

Cheers, Anth
Thanks mate, I'll pull out the line roller bearing and give it a clean and spray with some Inox.

Will report back on how it goes.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:06 pm

I'd buy $100 worth of gear from BCF, lol. the stradics will need new roller bearings, very easy to do, check out plaig bearings, they have full kits or just get the roller bearing

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”