Aussie angler

wading not drowning

Aussie angler

Post by wading not drowning » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:22 am

I recently ordered a reel spool from Hardy in England through Aussie Angler and rang the store this morning to complete the purchase.While talking to Rick he explained their internet matching price policy.I tried him out on a couple of fly lines and bought them over the phone.For service,communication,price and willingness to source what you want I think they are well worth a go.

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: Aussie angler

Post by Raulfc7 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:26 am

Every time I have walked into that store I have left with more information then when I walked in. Great guys eager to share their knowledge :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

micky tyler

Post by micky tyler » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Rick is a champion bloke n always happy to help and share his knowledge, great shop!!

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:Every time I have walked into that store I have left with more information then when I walked in......
I go to this shop when I visit my sister in Rosanna. Every time I leave this store I have less money :D
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

JS270
Has liked: 1 time

Post by JS270 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Defiantely willing to support clubs

Well after getting together with the guys from Aussie Angler I worked out a deal for the guys in the club and we got a few reels sorted out at a very good price .

Most of you guys know that I have been using my Squall 12's that I got from the states for a while now and I must say that I have been more than pleased with the way they have been performing and couldn't help myself getting the larger Squall 15's as well even though I have a few of the Mag 525's already in my collection.

( My ever faithful Squall 12's :D )

Very happy with the reels and will have them loaded with 15 and 20 pound line later this afternoon , just waiting for a mate to come over to pick his up as well as sorting his other ones out with line as well.

( Close up of the Squall 15 )

( Left hand side view showing the excellent mag control and ratchet system on the reel )

I should point out that the feature that I like on this reel compared to my earlier 525 Mags are the following.

1. Spool with line level guide, makes it easy to work out distance during the night so that I can drop the baits out to the smae place when I =have that worked out on the beach.

2. Index on the Star drag which makes it easy to set based on the clicks , I simply count them and back it off or wind it accordingly when fishing.

3. Mag dial , this is a very positive system had requires a bit of force when turning and therefore doesn't have the chance of being accidently moved during fishing. The earlier Slidy mags have a bad habit of moving the slide when you have the reels in palm when winding in and if you don't check it all the time you can get a very nasty backlash if it is pushed below 5 .

Overall a great reel and at the price the guys at Aussie angler are happy to provide for members it make no sense in importing them from the states.

So if your looking for a top class overhead for the surf have a good look at the Sqall 12's or 15's love em :D :D

( Two 15's are mine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: the others our for mates :D )

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”