18/9/2019

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: 18/9/2019

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:00 pm

davek wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:16 pm
This is the sort of thing that upsets other members when it all could have been done in one post, now tell me it's not just chasing a higher post count, cheers davo

Screenshot (66).png
i didnt think its a big problem compared to some of the other stuff we have seen recently.. but i agree with the fact it could have all been done in a single/few posts.
a simple solution to the problem is to remove peoples post count and replace with a star system or something similar, or better yet remove it altogether..
that way no more posts about getting shitty with others cause it looks like they are wanting to up their post count :gj: ..

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:50 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:00 pm
davek wrote:
This is the sort of thing that upsets other members when it all could have been done in one post, now tell me it's not just chasing a higher post count, cheers davo

Screenshot (66).png
i didnt think its a big problem compared to some of the other stuff we have seen recently.. but i agree with the fact it could have all been done in a single/few posts.
a simple solution to the problem is to remove peoples post count and replace with a star system or something similar, or better yet remove it altogether..
that way no more posts about getting shitty with others cause it looks like they are wanting to up their post count :gj: ..
There's a reason why the "like" feature was introduced, in order to reduce the clutter. It's a way of showing appreciation of a post, without filling a thread with "thank you" posts as such. Some buggers just don't get it. Does my head in.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:02 pm

John Dory wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:06 pm
davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png
Hasn’t upset me. Guess little things dont bother me.
Davo is upset because as a mod, he needs to read all posts....maybe not all but more than he needs/wants to.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm

What other members r upset and why.
This is a thread made by lightning X .....
Don't see any bulling or anything.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:02 pm
John Dory wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:06 pm
davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png
Hasn’t upset me. Guess little things dont bother me.
Davo is upset because as a mod, he needs to read all posts....maybe not all but more than he needs/wants to.
Not that at all FC, we have lost good members over this sort of thing, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:59 pm

davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png
Why U Randomly putting this in a snapper thread?.
Talk about derailing a thread.

Surly pm lightning or start a new thread.

Members come n go for a lot of reason's
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:08 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:50 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:00 pm
davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png
There's a reason why the "like" feature was introduced, in order to reduce the clutter. It's a way of showing appreciation of a post, without filling a thread with "thank you" posts as such. Some buggers just don't get it. Does my head in.
Defenitely agree with the like comment.
But a single post thanking everyone or quoting every reply in one post is not annoying at all... only exception being when you have to respond separately to adress a reply that needs an answer or verification..

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:15 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:59 pm
davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png

Agreed..
Wasnt any need to respond here, could have easily done via a PM..
Its instances like these that make people stop posting reports and have the site traffic drop a lot.
He is one of 3 that have posted snapper reports. Out of our 1000s or so of members...
Let's face it people are not here to see how many posts lx and smile made today.. they are here to read fishing reports and associated threads.. so let's not knock down the ones that are actually posting about an outing...

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:18 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:15 pm
bowl wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:59 pm
davek wrote:

Screenshot (66).png

Agreed..
Wasnt any need to respond here, could have easily done via a PM..
Its instances like these that make people stop posting reports and have the site traffic drop a lot.
He is one of 3 that have posted snapper reports. Out of our 1000s or so of members...
Let's face it people are not here to see how many posts lx and smile made today.. they are here to read fishing reports and associated threads.. so let's not knock down the ones that are actually posting about an outing...
Also to find some to have common interest

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Bowl I didn't randomly post this in the snapper thread I posted it where it was first posted, and I'm not about to back down from that decision to you. If I'm wrong for doing so Jon (admin) can tell me so and I'll remove it, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Snapper Fishing”