Snapper fever treatment

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Re: Snapper fever treatment

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:27 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:11 pm
Jason you will get treatment snapper fever is much like crabs a good lotion.
:gj:

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:30 pm

croe04 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:46 pm
John Dory wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm
croe04 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
I'd assume that new zealand having much fewer fishos that australia (victoria's population alone is 1.4million people greater than the entirety of NZ) has an effect on the stock and growth of the snapper. also all the squid and kahawai about as well as heaps of reef means good habitat for them. good sized snapper get caught in vic too but thats becoming rarer and rarer. Even though I am a kiwi i've never actually been snapper fishing back home, probably something worth doing eventually.
Big time. Massive drop offs with volcanic rock.
I saw this video of these guys fishing from the rocks onto a nearly vertical 15m drop with snapper sitting in the reef just under the waters edge at their feet, looked like a very cool place to fish
Yep i think i’ve seen that. The bloke hand fed one on the one i seen haha. Ultimate fishing or something

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:47 pm

John Dory wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:30 pm
[quotea=croe04 post_id=310290 time=1569491218 user_id=17908]
John Dory wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm
croe04 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:25 pm
I'd assume that new zealand having much fewer fishos that australia (victoria's population alone is 1.4million people greater than the entirety of NZ) has an effect on the stock and growth of the snapper. also all the squid and kahawai about as well as heaps of reef means good habitat for them. good sized snapper get caught in vic too but thats becoming rarer and rarer. Even though I am a kiwi i've never actually been snapper fishing back home, probably something worth doing eventually.
Big time. Massive drop offs with volcanic rock.
I saw this video of these guys fishing from the rocks onto a nearly vertical 15m drop with snapper sitting in the reef just under the waters edge at their feet, looked like a very cool place to fish
Yep i think i’ve seen that. The bloke hand fed one on the one i seen haha. Ultimate fishing or something
[/quote]

Youfishtv port Welshpool is my favourite snapper fishing video. I want go to port Welshpool and camp on the boat and just huntega red for a week. You see that episode.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 pm

Well, stop talking and start doing! What are you waiting for? Being land based, your best opportunity is right now. You should be wetting a line every chance you get if you are so desperate to bag one. If you stuff around too long you will end up missing out dude.

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Redhunter wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 pm
Well, stop talking and start doing! What are you waiting for? Being land based, your best opportunity is right now. You should be wetting a line every chance you get if you are so desperate to bag one. If you stuff around too long you will end up missing out dude.
I wish. I just got snapper sickness. That all. I wanting for right time and plus next week is just north and eastern rule mate. The tides is not in my favour too. Snapper fishing ever thing have to be right just jew.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:20 pm
Redhunter wrote:
I wish. I just got snapper sickness. That all. I wanting for right time and plus next week is just north and eastern rule mate. The tides is not in my favour too. Snapper fishing ever thing have to be right just jew.
Get out there Jason

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:28 pm

rb85 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Get out there Jason
It have to be next meet up day. On October of 11 or 12

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Time is definitely right now Jase for a big one lb mate :tu:
Sometimes it’s difficult to wait for everything to line up nicely.
Just get out there and soak some fresh baits as often as you can :)

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:38 pm

I agree with LX, i've seen a lot of pics of nice LB reds all over facebook the last few weeks. The more trips you get in, the more likely you are to get a good fish so i'd take all the opportunities you can get. My local seems to be producing a few fish but my reels are acting up and need a servicing so i'm out of commission for a bit :(

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:40 pm

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Redhunter wrote:
Yeh, yeh, all I'm hearing are excuses. You're all talk. If you really wanted a big red you'd be fishing your butt off every chance you get. Yes there are certain factors that increase the probability, but at the end of the day you have no chance unless you have a line in the water. Carn bud, get fishing!!! :wt:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”