switching bays

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: switching bays

Post by ducky » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 am

Mattblack wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:34 pm
Hey Graham, I'm the 2nd worst fisherman on this forum but I usually park myself in a channel near a drop off and fish a couple of hours each side of a change of tide.
Your sounder is going to pay for itself on your 1st trip out when you avoid getting stuck in the mud.
I reckon you’re doing yourself a massive disservice there mate.

A 6 hour sesh I’d want to be at a bait collection spot at the start of a ride. Get just enough bait for the sesh and go looking for fish to drop on then leave when the tide stops.

An 8 hour sesh I’d be collecting bait on the last of the tide. Fish searching during slack water with the aim to be fishing an entire tide.

In wpb I find no flow no go. Very rarely had fish go on a tide change.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm

ducky wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 am
Mattblack wrote:
Hey Graham, I'm the 2nd worst fisherman on this forum but I usually park myself in a channel near a drop off and fish a couple of hours each side of a change of tide.
Your sounder is going to pay for itself on your 1st trip out when you avoid getting stuck in the mud.

A 6 hour sesh I’d want to be at a bait collection spot at the start of a ride. Get just enough bait for the sesh and go looking for fish to drop on then leave when the tide stops.

An 8 hour sesh I’d be collecting bait on the last of the tide. Fish searching during slack water with the aim to be fishing an entire tide.

It gets a bit hard for MattBlack to drop down his super uv tb2f snapper snatchers once the flow starts rocking.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:50 pm

yepi'mon wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 pm
ducky wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:29 am
Mattblack wrote:

It gets a bit hard for MattBlack to drop down his super uv tb2f snapper snatchers once the flow starts rocking.
Those TB2F flasher rigs are rubbish in any bay...the Chinese hooks used are blunt and have an inconsistent shape.
If you want me to hook you up with some premium Mattblack Snapper Tassels, shoot me a PM....BarraMick swears by them

PhilN

Post by PhilN » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Good to know - thanks,
These days I actively research the country of manufacture of everything I buy. Australia including all of us personally, need to pivot fast on where we buy our stuff from......

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:06 am

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:02 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:45 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Who’s the worst 😂
Thought we agreed that was you
Lol yeah, that’s probably fair
At least you catch more then two snapper a year in your boat I have to fish off piers and when you catch one fish your spot gets stolen

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:36 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Have you rated yourself just above bowl ??😁

Robbie1950
Has liked: 213 times

Post by Robbie1950 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:39 am

I dont know much about Western Port, in fact I have never fished it but it has always interested me greatly. Whats the best time of year to try for those thumper whiting and also is there an area they tend to frequent more? From what I have been following from other posts Western Port is a mine field with snags?

Return to “Snapper Fishing”