Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: 9/11/2020

Post by Lightningx » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 pm

dazz999 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:01 pm
Good feed well done i have not got after snapper yet being landbased and crowded pier,s just not right at the moment would you suggest dropping down hook size to to 2/0 circles paternoster and suicide hooks and leave the bigger snelled 5/0 at home only take 2 rod,s
Thanks dazz 😃
I haven’t been able to do much landbased fishing this season because of the lockdown. Most of my lb fishing is usually done starting around mid sept through till around mid October each year and I usually really look forward to it and so does my mate but we couldn’t do that this year 😫
Even when lb fishing I usually always use a smaller setup and a bigger setup so if I was you at this time of the year I would take one of each. Many times I have been with my mate who really only likes fishing for the big ones and only uses large hooks, nothing smaller than a 4/0 and he would keep getting bites but losing baits . While I cleaned up with pinkies in the 30 to high 30s range.
I find most of the time the smaller setup does more damage 😃
2/0 would be just perfect. I caught the 58 cm the other night with a single 2/0 on a paternoster.
Cheers 👍🏻

Return to “Snapper Fishing”